Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that I believe it was a wrong move to close off a thread wherein people were still respectfully talking.

Furthermore, we had already gotten a blessing from another moderator wherein they said keep it cool and it's okay. We were very cool, and I think closing the thread helps close this community.

This was one of the first threads in a long while where people weren't being rude and disrespectful ... and it is a VERY volatile topic.

It was also a very actively participated topic.

I think, for the sanctity of our community, it should have been left open. To prove to each other that we don't need to be crass or rude to get our points across.

Nothing more than an occational jab was thrown.

That's my peace on the issue.

Play.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
For what it's worth, I agree with Play on this one.

-Pop

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Unfortunately I disagree.

I'm not sure which mod gave permission, but the fact remains that the particular direction the thread was going was one that is not condusive to relations within the community.

I suggest if you want to discuss matters such as abortion, then you may consider finding a forum baord that deals with such topics.

As I said before since the passing of the Pope was newsworthy, then the thread was admissable.

Once it headed into ethical.theological debate it no longer was granted exemption based on "news" instead it falls into the category of somehthing you don't discuss at a dinner party.

If you have issues then a public outcry isn't the place to bring it up. If you have a problem with me file a complaint with an Admin or another CM.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Have fun with it over there, Play. I'm not interested in following it to EBB.

Again, my apologies if I was responsible for making it turn to an Off-limits Off-topic thread. I followed up with Min on PMs. I think everyone knows where others stand.

Go Blazers!!!

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
I have to say that I believe it was a wrong move to close off a thread wherein people were still respectfully talking.

Furthermore, we had already gotten a blessing from another moderator wherein they said keep it cool and it's okay. We were very cool, and I think closing the thread helps close this community.

This was one of the first threads in a long while where people weren't being rude and disrespectful ... and it is a VERY volatile topic.

It was also a very actively participated topic.

I think, for the sanctity of our community, it should have been left open. To prove to each other that we don't need to be crass or rude to get our points across.

Nothing more than an occational jab was thrown.

That's my peace on the issue.

Play.
I agree!!
I enjoyed reading it.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
its just a power trip sometimes.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Moving the thread to EBB is essentially the same thing as closing it since nobody reads that forum. I am tempted to create a new thread called "Moderators Gone Wild!"

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
tlong said:
Moving the thread to EBB is essentially the same thing as closing it since nobody reads that forum. I am tempted to create a new thread called "Moderators Gone Wild!"
EBB gets more action than most forums, so I really don't think your statment holds water.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
tlong said:

*ahem* thats COMMUNITY moderators gone wild.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
So how do you get into this moderating cult and what are the perks of it?

I was offered a moderating position in the WCC forum, but the money wasn't good enough so I passed.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
So how do you get into this moderating cult and what are the perks of it?

I was offered a moderating position in the WCC forum, but the money wasn't good enough so I passed.
Hmm if you don't know how you get to be a mod yet you say you were offered and turned it down.....Apparently you know how you get to be a mod.

Perks
Being called a facist
Having to limit your angle in posting
Being called facist
Receiving accusations of Power tripping
Being called Facist
Being called Nazi
Being called Facist.....

The only time people even give a hoot if you're a Mod is when something doens't go their way.

BTW did I mentioned being called a facist.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Who said you were a facist?

Who said you were Nazi?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Perks? You get to close mixum threads. That should be enough for anyone. ;)

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
This threads going nowhere......Let's close it.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Schilly said:
Hmm if you don't know how you get to be a mod yet you say you were offered and turned it down.....Apparently you know how you get to be a mod.

Perks
Being called a facist
Having to limit your angle in posting
Being called facist
Receiving accusations of Power tripping
Being called Facist
Being called Nazi
Being called Facist.....

The only time people even give a hoot if you're a Mod is when something doens't go their way.

BTW did I mentioned being called a facist.
you forgot:

being controlling
of playing favorites
being arrogant
called hypocrtical

1 - 20 of 23 Posts