Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To silent all you people who didnt believe me when I stated that Morrison wasnt going to comeback for his Junior season......So this settles the argument that you all were trying to make(which wasnt a good one) that Morrison was going to come out for this years draft......The Zags now will most likely be a preseason top 10 team, and it will make things very interesting coming into the Maui Invitational....

LINK

Gonzaga sophomore forward Adam Morrison will return for his junior season and won't declare for the NBA draft

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Meh

But seriously it was a smart move on his part. I thought he'd go top 10, but apparently GM's didn't agree with me and it seems around 15 would be his peak for the year. He'll come back next year better and stronger and likely go very high in the draft if he enters.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
To silent all you people who didnt believe me when I stated that Morrison wasnt going to comeback for his Junior season......So this settles the argument that you all were trying to make(which wasnt a good one) that Morrison was going to come out for this years draft......The Zags now will most likely be a preseason top 10 team, and it will make things very interesting coming into the Maui Invitational....

LINK
it was more that people thought if he was a guaranteed lotto pick, he'd be an idiot not to go into the draft. but since players who are better than him, will be better than him, and had better seasons than him are in the draft, he'd probably be a late 1st rounder.

You took it as if we were saying you were lying and that he was coming out. None of us said that. We said that no one would fault him for coming out, and in a way, he'd be smart TO come out.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Morrison should stay in school and get as much enjoyment out of playing basketball that he can. I can't see the guy amounting to much in the NBA. Mark Few recruits "system guys." Most of their players don't have the talent to compete at a high level in the NBA.

-Pop

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Remember, I said if Gonzaga went deep in the tourney then Morrison would go pro. They didn't and he didn't.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I agree that Adam staying in college for another year or 2 is a good thing for both him and the Zags. His draft stock should go higher unless something happens in the next year or 2 and as much as I would like to see him as a blazer, I hope we aren't in a position again to draft him. No more lottery.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Where's the proof that our arguments weren't good ones? The story indicates what some of us have been saying: we don't see Morrison as a lottery pick this year.

The argument about him coming out was predicated, though, on him BEING a mid-to-high lottery pick... if he found out he would not be (and according to the story he'd "go as high as 15th") then the facts don't apply the hypothetical discussion.

What a lame attempt at a thread dedicated to saying, "I told you so." It's like "countering" an argument that Gonzaga was going to lose in the regional finals by pointing out they lost in the second round.

Ed O.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ed O said:
Where's the proof that our arguments weren't good ones? The story indicates what some of us have been saying: we don't see Morrison as a lottery pick this year.

The argument about him coming out was predicated, though, on him BEING a mid-to-high lottery pick... if he found out he would not be (and according to the story he'd "go as high as 15th") then the facts don't apply the hypothetical discussion.

What a lame attempt at a thread dedicated to saying, "I told you so." It's like "countering" an argument that Gonzaga was going to lose in the regional finals by pointing out they lost in the second round.

Ed O.
This post was more towards Tlong and Qrich than anybody else, because they would pop in with their annoying posts about how Morrison is going to be drafted this year without any argument as to why.....

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but since players who are better than him, will be better than him, and had better seasons than him are in the draft
Thats kind of a bold statement, considering he's just a sophmore who put up better numbers than most sophmores leaving for the draft....

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Thats kind of a bold statement, considering he's just a sophmore who put up better numbers than most sophmores leaving for the draft....
putting up better #'s does not equal "better player".

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hap said:
putting up better #'s does not equal "better player".
Putting up good numbers and carrying struggling teammates to wins as a sophmore does....

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Putting up good numbers and carrying struggling teammates to wins as a sophmore does....
Hows the competition the Zags face?

Gonzag is a great regular season team because they play in a weak conference, sure tehy made it to the sweet 16 once, but come on really...How hvae their players in the last 10 years fared in the NBA?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Schilly said:
Hows the competition the Zags face?

Gonzag is a great regular season team because they play in a weak conference, sure tehy made it to the sweet 16 once, but come on really...How hvae their players in the last 10 years fared in the NBA?
They made the elite 8 before too, and you should look at Morrisons #'s against Illiniois, Oklahoma St., Washington, Georgia Tech and Texas Tech (which I'm too lazy to do because I've done it too many times).

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Blazer Freak said:
Good for him. He probably wouldn't have gotten drafted. Or he would have been a 2nd rounder at best.
:rofl:. Morrison would have been a first-rounder, easy. His "weak" performance in the tournament could've been a factor for his decision.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Premier said:
:rofl:. Morrison would have been a first-rounder, easy. His "weak" performance in the tournament could've been a factor for his decision.
Uhhh weak performance in the tournament?.....Actually he was the person carrying the team......You might be mistaken with Brian MORRISON from UCLA......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts