Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just got some interesting news from my sister.

We saw their family on Easter and My niece who is 14 had just gotten back from Palm Springs. She was complaining about being a little queezy while she was there most people figured it was from the airline food (she went straight from the airport to my parents house) and no one really thought much about it.

Monday she got up for school and felt sick to her stomache but had a math Quiz (nice welcome back from Spring Break) and being the 4.0 student she is wasn't gonna mis it for an upset stomache. At School she threw up several times but chugged on and went to track practice where she runs the 4x400 and the 200 hurldes at the Varsity level as a freshman. She said she felt a little better during practice. Once she got home they had dinner and every wetnt to bed about 10:00. At 10:30 the phone wrang in my sisters room, it was her daughter calling from her cell phone in her bedroom dowstairs asking for help and to be taken to the hospital.

Quik fast forward to the ending the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong so the did a orthoscopic scouting mission with intention of removing the appendix thinking it was appendicitis, but there was a hi fever which confused them. Once they got in there it turns out that her appendix had burst at least 2 days ago and her whol abdominal cavity was full of infection and the reason she had been throwing up is her intestines and stomache were being assaulted by teh fluids of the appendix and the infection and had simply gone in to shock and were not fuctioning.

She is going to be just fine in the end as they got evreything cleaned out but needs to stay in the hospital until her digestive track starts functioning again ( a few days is all they think) and should be back to track practice in a couple weeks.

The Doctor said she is hands down the toughest 14 year old she has ever encountered.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Schilly said:

The Doctor said she is hands down the toughest 14 year old she has ever encountered.
Brutal.

Glad she's on the mend.

You should send this story to Derek Anderson.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Fork said:
Brutal.

Glad she's on the mend.

You should send this story to Derek Anderson.
:laugh:

I just sprayed water on my monitor. That made me laugh way more than it should have. I needed that.

As for Schilly's niece, wow!! That's all I can say. That's actually pretty scary. Good thing she's young and fit and tough as nails. Takes after her uncle, I'm sure.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blazer Bert said:
:laugh:

I just sprayed water on my monitor. That made me laugh way more than it should have. I needed that.

As for Schilly's niece, wow!! That's all I can say. That's actually pretty scary. Good thing she's young and fit and tough as nails. Takes after her uncle, I'm sure.
Nah I'm old flabby and I stay home from work over a paper cut.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Schilly said:
Nah I'm old flabby and I stay home from work over a paper cut.
I don't know..you once told me how you passed out because you had really bad gas.

hm..maybe that wasn't from the pain.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Schilly said:

We saw their family on Easter and My niece who is 14 had just gotten back from Palm Springs. She was complaining about being a little queezy while she was there most people figured it was from the airline food (she went straight from the airport to my parents house) and no one really thought much about it.

Monday she got up for school and felt sick to her stomache but had a math Quiz (nice welcome back from Spring Break) and being the 4.0 student she is wasn't gonna mis it for an upset stomache. At School she threw up several times but chugged on and went to track practice where she runs the 4x400 and the 200 hurldes at the Varsity level as a freshman. She said she felt a little better during practice. Once she got home they had dinner and every wetnt to bed about 10:00. At 10:30 the phone wrang in my sisters room, it was her daughter calling from her cell phone in her bedroom dowstairs asking for help and to be taken to the hospital.

Quik fast forward to the ending the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong so the did a orthoscopic scouting mission with intention of removing the appendix thinking it was appendicitis, but there was a hi fever which confused them. Once they got in there it turns out that her appendix had burst at least 2 days ago and her whol abdominal cavity was full of infection and the reason she had been throwing up is her intestines and stomache were being assaulted by teh fluids of the appendix and the infection and had simply gone in to shock and were not fuctioning.

She is going to be just fine in the end as they got evreything cleaned out but needs to stay in the hospital until her digestive track starts functioning again ( a few days is all they think) and should be back to track practice in a couple weeks.

I have heard that it is very dangerous when they don't get in there in time, gald that she is doing better. So no one else has asked, so I will......"How did she do on the math test?" :whoknows:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOWIE said:
I have heard that it is very dangerous when they don't get in there in time, gald that she is doing better. So no one else has asked, so I will......"How did she do on the math test?" :whoknows:
That I don't think she knows yet, but as she has never had worse than an A in her life, I am sure she did just fine.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Schilly said:
That I don't think she knows yet, but as she has never had worse than an A in her life, I am sure she did just fine.
We'll if she didn't get an "A" then I am sure that the teacher shouldn't have a problem giving her a make up test. That is one tough cookie and that is coming from a person that walked up hill in the snow both ways to school and only had a "B" average in school! :biggrin:

Keep the wise cracks from the peanut gallery down people!:laugh:

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Damn, that's some story. Glad she made it out okay through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts