Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

Orlando Magic swingman Hedo Turkoglu will miss the rest of the season after fracturing his left wrist, the team said after an examination by team doctors Tuesday.

Turkoglu was driving to the basket when he got tangled and went down late in Monday's game at Charlotte. Recovery time is estimated to be six to eight weeks.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Serves him right for pushing Nenad in the back like he did.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
There must be a Tim Duncan in the draft, because it seems like everyone just wants to lose.

Philly+Webber=No love.
O'Neal out for season.
Magic fire coach.
Cavs fire coach.
Hedo on IL.

Nets going strong??? I'd tank. :D

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
There's an awful lot of players getting hurt these days. I don't wanna think about who may be next to go down...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
aquaitious said:
There must be a Tim Duncan in the draft, because it seems like everyone just wants to lose.

Philly+Webber=No love.
O'Neal out for season.
Magic fire coach.
Cavs fire coach.
Hedo on IL.

Nets going strong??? I'd tank. :D
You just don't want the meet the Nets in the playoffs.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
aquaitious said:
It seems like, and the Nets scouts are not doing their work. Some teams know that the Nets don't know.:biggrin:
Either the floors are too hard, or some players are going to school where Bowen learned his dirty tricks.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Petey said:
You just don't want the meet the Nets in the playoffs.

-Petey

Yeah, how did you know? My biggest worry is that Collins will go 6 and 3 in 26 minutes.

"Dude, Where's My PF?"

faNETicS said:
It seems like, and the Nets scouts are not doing their work. Some teams know that the Nets don't know.
Either the floors are too hard, or some players are going to school where Bowen learned his dirty tricks.
:rofl:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
SeaNet said:
Serves him right for pushing Nenad in the back like he did.
:dead: I hope you're joking. Not only did Nenad start that conflict, but more importantly you're revelling in a player getting injured? That's messed up.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
Captain Obvious said:
:dead: I hope you're joking. Not only did Nenad start that conflict, but more importantly you're revelling in a player getting injured? That's messed up.
Turkoglu is a bit of a punk, injury or not, and he shouldn't be acting like he's a superstar. His loudmouth antics caused the altercation with Krstic. Not shedding tears over his injury, though not revelling.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
aquaitious said:
Yeah, how did you know? My biggest worry is that Collins will go 6 and 3 in 26 minutes.

"Dude, Where's My PF?"

:rofl:
6-15, 7 boards, 5 turn overs, 5 fouls, 17 points.
11-21, 13 boards, 4 turn overs, 3 fouls, 25 points.
3-18, 11 boards, 0 turn overs, 3 fouls, 14 points.

Walker this season vs. Collins.

1 game above season averages, 2 below. I'll take the matchup. Who's gonna guard Kidd, Carter and RJ?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
G-Force said:
There's an awful lot of players getting hurt these days. I don't wanna think about who may be next to go down...

here's my question- why are the nets a more fragile team than others? maybe that's not the right word- perhaps, delicately balanced. for instance, indy loses all their top players, and they're still a tough team. same goes for spurs. we go without krstic, much less kidd or carter, and we stink. is it depth? coaching/system?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Petey said:
6-15, 7 boards, 5 turn overs, 5 fouls, 17 points.
11-21, 13 boards, 4 turn overs, 3 fouls, 25 points.
3-18, 11 boards, 0 turn overs, 3 fouls, 14 points.

Walker this season vs. Collins.

1 game above season averages, 2 below. I'll take the matchup. Who's gonna guard Kidd, Carter and RJ?

-Petey
No one, but who's going to guard Paul, Ricky, Walker?

BTW, you DO know that Walker played on the Hawks this season, right?

Also, what do you expect out of RJ?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
aquaitious said:
No one, but who's going to guard Paul, Ricky, Walker?

BTW, you DO know that Walker played on the Hawks this season, right?

Also, what do you expect out of RJ?
As a Kidd fan, I'm sure you know at times we run a lineup where Kidd is our SG / PG with Vaughn on the floor. Kidd matched up with Pierce? Collins on Walker like during the season? Is Ricky Davis starting?

Anyway yes I know Walker played on the Hawks. And most players on poorer teams put up better stats. As the stats stated... 15 FGA attempts was his 'low'. Are you saying he didn't have the chance to produce more?

RJ? If he is back for the final 3 games of the regular season, would 13-14 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 assists be out of the question? Those numbers still would be the 3rd / 4th best numbers on the team.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Captain Obvious said:
Well honestly, no one (no other team when RJ was taken out in a similar fashion). Personally I hate when players get hurt, it happens. We've been dealing with injuries all year.

-Petey

·
Registered
105 Posts
Petey said:
As a Kidd fan, I'm sure you know at times we run a lineup where Kidd is our SG / PG with Vaughn on the floor. Kidd matched up with Pierce? Collins on Walker like during the season? Is Ricky Davis starting?

Anyway yes I know Walker played on the Hawks. And most players on poorer teams put up better stats. As the stats stated... 15 FGA attempts was his 'low'. Are you saying he didn't have the chance to produce more?

RJ? If he is back for the final 3 games of the regular season, would 13-14 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 assists be out of the question? Those numbers still would be the 3rd / 4th best numbers on the team.

-Petey
I don't know about anyone else, but if it looks like we're making the Playoffs (and I am getting more confident with every game), I'd rather have RJ sit out to make sure that he's at 100% once the big boys come to play.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Vladman27 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but if it looks like we're making the Playoffs (and I am getting more confident with every game), I'd rather have RJ sit out to make sure that he's at 100% once the big boys come to play.
You don't think having him play a few games even in limited minutes would help come playoff time?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
yep, that's what I love about RJ, and I think him playing 20 min/game isn't out of the question and undeniably beneficial to the nets

1 - 20 of 20 Posts