Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VC goes for 30+ 19 times in 48 games as a NET!

I know this is depressing, but Vince Carter might be having his best season ever, right now.

19 times!?!?!?

Who can count the last 5 times he went for 30 points as a raptor? 19 times has to cover at least 3 seasons. what a shame, here are his stats as a net:

48 games 45.0% FG 40.6% 3FG 7.2 FTA/G (better than any season as a raptor) 82.9% FT 6.0 Rbds 4.8 Assists 1.4 stls 0.6 blocks 26.6 points

:curse:

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Re: VC goes for 30+ 19 times in 48 games as a NET!

2000/2001
27.6 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 3.9 APG, 41% 3P, 46% FG.

That is by far his best season to date.

Vince Carter has been playing very well for NJ though, doesn't he have the most 30 point games for a player who has been traded during a season?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Why, by far? Looks pretty much the same to me. Scored marginally more, but didn't rebound and assist as much, or get to the line quite as much. Percentages are pretty much the same.

I know we got the best of his dunking, but the truth is, Vince duped us into trading a superstar for nothing.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts

crimedog said:
Why, by far? Looks pretty much the same to me. Scored marginally more, but didn't rebound and assist as much, or get to the line quite as much. Percentages are pretty much the same.

I know we got the best of his dunking, but the truth is, Vince duped us into trading a superstar for nothing.
The fact is he wasn't playing at a superstar level for us, he wasn't trying. So by trading him, we actually became a better team, even if we just traded him for absolutely nothing, which we didn't. Look at other players who've been traded this year, Baron Davis is a good example. We got a lot more for Vince than what the Hornets got for Davis. I'm not going to go much further into judging the trade just yet, because we still have those two draft picks to work with. Once we pick those two players, we'll get a better indication of how equal(or unequal) the trade was.

·
Registered
356 Posts

crimedog said:
thats the point...and how sad it is...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Turkish Delight said:
The fact is he wasn't playing at a superstar level for us, he wasn't trying. So by trading him, we actually became a better team, even if we just traded him for absolutely nothing, which we didn't. Look at other players who've been traded this year, Baron Davis is a good example. We got a lot more for Vince than what the Hornets got for Davis. I'm not going to go much further into judging the trade just yet, because we still have those two draft picks to work with. Once we pick those two players, we'll get a better indication of how equal(or unequal) the trade was.
yeah TD, I agree, I'm not really seeking to evaluate the trade. I was all for it when it happened and it's easy to forget how much of a distraction he had become.

It's just really disheartening to see that a player can go back to possibly their best after 3 seasons of declining performance for the raptors.

At least the better he does, the more likely it becomes that the sixers miss the playoffs and we get a decent pick from them.

other than that though, those numbers make me sick.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts

crimedog said:
yeah TD, I agree, I'm not really seeking to evaluate the trade. I was all for it when it happened and it's easy to forget how much of a distraction he had become.

It's just really disheartening to see that a player can go back to possibly their best after 3 seasons of declining performance for the raptors.

At least the better he does, the more likely it becomes that the sixers miss the playoffs and we get a decent pick from them.

other than that though, those numbers make me sick.
Well I can feel your pain of course. Jason Kidd has been doing a good job so far of motivating Carter into becomming the player that he can and should be. That's something that was missing in the last couple of years when Carter was a Raptor. It'll be interesting to see if Jason Kidd asks for a trade again during the summer.
We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

I haven't heard anyone mention this angle on the trade...

If the new rules are supposedly going to make trading much easier, and give teams more options, why didn't we wait for them?? why didn't the hornets either?? both of us might have done a lot better.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

Turkish Delight said:
2000/2001
27.6 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 3.9 APG, 41% 3P, 46% FG.

That is by far his best season to date.

Vince Carter has been playing very well for NJ though, doesn't he have the most 30 point games for a player who has been traded during a season?
He is just one 30-point-game away from breaking the record.

Link

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts

ansoncarter said:
I haven't heard anyone mention this angle on the trade...

If the new rules are supposedly going to make trading much easier, and give teams more options, why didn't we wait for them?? why didn't the hornets either?? both of us might have done a lot better.
I don't know how much better we would have done. Two draft picks, and two serviceable players for one disgruntled superstar who hasn't been playing up to his ability for a long time is a pretty good trade in my book. We should have tried to trade him on draft day, the longer he would have stayed in Toronto, the lower his trade value would have become.

·
bbb
4,548 Posts

madman said:
God i hate him
Don't we all.... :curse:

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts

I'm eager to see how Carter plays against us in the ACC. As we all know, he had a bad game last time out in NJ, so it'll be interesting to see how he performs this time around. He'll probably already have the 30 point record by then.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Who put the OT on the topic? Give me a break, it's not OT. Not every single post needs to be modified or edited.

I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd rather my thread was left as I originally posted it, being as it is relevant to raptor fans, free of criticism or controversy and sparked a fair level of interest.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
VC goes for 30+ 19 times in 48 games as a NET!

I'm not the one who edited it, but I can understand why it would be.
It's not a big deal, so let's leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What about

'Who Stands a Chance against the HEAT?'

I just don't think moderators need to leave their thumbprints every where they go.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
crimedog said:
What about

'Who Stands a Chance against the HEAT?'

I just don't think moderators need to leave their thumbprints every where they go.
I agree that this thread isn't off-topic.

I don't agree that we are suffering from over-moderation, though. If you look at the threads in this board, less than one post in twenty or more is edited.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts