Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Man there are some really pathetic C's fans out there. The guys career could be over and his life in ruins because of this disease and they are basically celebrating.

You know if something like that happened to someone on a team I liked I wouldn't be throwing a ****ing party. People need to realize basketball is just a ****ing sport and the people who are going though something like this need support not some ****ing ******* telling him his glad his career his over.

If those people knew how ****ing hard it is to get though something like that or had a family member that drank they wouldn't be so ****ing happy about what Mr. Baker is going though right now.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i have no problem with celtics fans being happy about this...they save lots of money, and vin brought this to himself.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Addiction? To alcohol?

Please, thats just rediculous for an NBA player. I cant even understand it, so basically, too friggin' bad.

Its his fault, so i have no problem with celtics fans celebrating.

Mean, yes, but its just unnacceptble.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
i have no problem with celtics fans being happy about this...they save lots of money, and vin brought this to himself.
Not sure how this saves Celtics fans any money, but maybe Blazer fans can get a cut also. :rolleyes:

I find Vin Baker's situation very sad. I feel for him and all those close to him. I hope he is able to find the help he needs.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Crazy Fan From Idaho</b>!

Not sure how this save Celtics fans any money, but maybe Blazer fans can get a cut also. :rolleyes:

I find Vin Baker's situation very sad. I feel for him and all those close to him. I hope he is able to find the help he needs.
u kno what i mean...the teams saves half of his terrible contract, able to sign players who could produce for them....of course i feel for him and his family, but he brought this to himself, and itll be alot easier to recover not being in the nba

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Do you have any idea how hard it is to quit drinking or the harm it can do to a family? Apparently not.

Alcohol controls people and it is very hard to stop. My grandfather was a drunk and even though he did everything he could he couldn't stop drinking and because of that he hurt his family and everyone around him.

He use to beat my mother, uncles, and grandmother. He even though my great grandmother off a porch and broke her arm. They where forced to move constantly because they where often kicked out of there home because the neighbors would complain about the noise he made when he was drunk. Hell one night my grandfather and a friend got drunk and drive the family car into a river.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I wish the best to VIN and really hope he pulls through this because Alcohol disease is no joke. i wish him the best.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Baker keeps on slipping, he's got in trouble a lot in his career............... Best wishes to Baker.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think we're all losers here.

For obvious reasons, Vin. Alcoholism is a terrible problem for Vin. Rather than try and take the angle of 'what an idiot' I feel like the way to look at it is 'what kind huge pressure alcohol must be to force Vin to screw up such a lucrative career.' It really is a shame.

At the same time, Celtics. Even if they can somehow avoid the financial issues, they are still losers from the perspective that if Vin was playing as he is capable of, they would be a vastly superior team.

Along those lines, NBA fans. The bottom line is that Vin, when healthy, is a fantastic post player. We're being robbed of the chance of viewing a highly skilled player.

It's too easy to quickly jump on Vin's case but it helps me if I look at what an incredible weight alcohol must be to force him to make these poor life choices.

Here's to hoping that one day soon he becomes a fantasy league player again! :cheers:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Son of Bintim</b>!
Baker keeps on slipping, he's got in trouble a lot in his career............... Best wishes to Baker.
you are way too mature for this board, especially given (what I think was) your age.

quit making the rest of us look so bad!

:D

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

you are way too mature for this board, especially given (what I think was) your age.

quit making the rest of us look so bad!

:D
Maybe he too has had a problem kicking the bottle.

J/K SOB! :grinning:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts