Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who knows anything about the situation in Sacramento with Gerald Wallace? Is he a restricted FA or unrestricted? I am not sure if they picked up his option or not. I think they did not but I can't remember. In either case does Sacramento bring him back? If not he might be a under the radar pick up this summer they could be good.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree I am very interested in seeing what he could do given minutes. Outstanding athlete and I have always heard his work ethic was crazy good. Something tells me he could really breakout if he left there similar to McGrady,Jermaine O'Neal after leaving their teams. A lot of untapped potential there in Gerald Wallace.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
I was saying over the offseason that he was almost exactly what we needed at SF, sans three-point shooting ability. He can drive and finish, his midrange game is improving, and he plays defense with a purpose. And he's definitely a top-shelf athlete. I'd trade for him if the price was right, but I think Sac knows what they have and will ask a lot. It's hard to get minutes behind Peja right now.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>digital jello</b>!
E-Rob 2?
possibly but I don't think so. His game has improved a ton since college and he does something ERob doesn't do...attack the rim with the dribble. I think he's more well-rounded than ERobbery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts