Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone hear Bill Walton trashing Rasheed for a good 5-10 mins. It was the first time that I have heard anyone talk about that on live air when the game if going on for that amount of time. I hate Bill Walton..He shouldn't even be announcing the game, he is the most boring annoucer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
bill walton is hilarious.. he says it like it is though.. if somebody is playing like **** then he says it..if they are playing well then he talks about it.. i never heard what he said about sheed but it was probably true

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sheed30</b>!
Did anyone hear Bill Walton trashing Rasheed for a good 5-10 mins. It was the first time that I have heard anyone talk about that on live air when the game if going on for that amount of time. I hate Bill Walton..He shouldn't even be announcing the game, he is the most boring annoucer.
Bill Walton was simply stating his opinion - take it for what it is worth, Walton's opinion that changes like the wind. Walton is a lot of things but boring isn't one of them, IMO.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I find Bill Walton at times to be a very good announcer (he's a great basketball mind). My problem though is when he goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the brilliance of the way someone *fill in the blank* (passed into the post, boxed out, tied thier shoes). He goes overboard with explaining things sometimes and when he does that no one is as annoying. He drops some gems of basketball knowledge from time to time though.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
"With all that pounding to the head, let's hope Darius Miles doesn't develop a repetetive stress injury to the brain." ~ Bill Walton
Bill Walton silly quote of the year!! :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
While Bill definitely has a tendency to over embellish his opinions, I think he was, for the most part, pretty accurate regarding his statements of Sheed. Isn't Rasheed an underachiever? Does he not have all world ability, but is sorely lacking in consistency? I thought Walton's statements were pretty close to right on, he is not leading POR anywhere.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Re: Re: OT: Walton Trashing Sheed

Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!
Bill Walton was simply stating his opinion - take it for what it is worth, Walton's opinion that changes like the wind. Walton is a lot of things but boring isn't one of them, IMO.
When on a nationally televised broadcast operating as a supposed "neutral" announcer of ceremonies one would expect an individual to be a bit less inflammatory in stating his/ her opinion.

This classless tirade coupled with the hate filled diatribe (ESPN article) he released upon the unsuspecting public a few months back is tasteless hatred, plain and simple.

When in a position of influence as Walton is one cannot display this level of reckless behavior. Even more disappointing then this passive aggressive display of cowardice is the realization that nobody (in the media) possesses the stones to call him out on it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Walton may be an idiot 99% of the time but on this rant he is 100% right about Sheed. Nothing and I mean nothing he said about Sheed is untrue, even the part when he said we are getting other teams mistakes for Sheed now in trade!

I think it's gutsy as hell for him to say that right in front of Sheed.

Don't get me wrong Walton is an idiot, but today he was onnnnnnnnnnn!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Re: Re: Re: OT: Walton Trashing Sheed

Originally posted by <b>The Enigma</b>!

When on a nationally televised broadcast operating as a supposed "neutral" announcer of ceremonies one would expect an individual to be a bit less inflammatory in stating his/ her opinion.

This classless tirade coupled with the hate filled diatribe (ESPN article) he released upon the unsuspecting public a few months back is tasteless hatred, plain and simple.

When in a position of influence as Walton is one cannot display this level of reckless behavior. Even more disappointing then this passive aggressive display of cowardice is the realization that nobody (in the media) possesses the stones to call him out on it.
Why is Walton's opinion of Sheed a problem? Walton is NOT supposed to show favoritism toward either team, but stating his opinion about a player has little to do with being a neutral broadcaster. Otherwise, basketball analyst would have little to say during a game. They are there for their expert opinions.

I am not a big Bill Walton fan unless Snapper is with him to neutralize his crazy thoughts. But the man has a right to state his opinion of a player while analyzing a game. That is what he is paid to do. And, if Walton was not neutral, I imagine he would be routing for Portland, don't you?

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
So let me get this straight.

When Walton says Rasheed is among the most physically talented players in the league, it's being fair and he's telling the truth.

But when he says Rasheed is inconsistant and a negative influence to the team, it's being unfair, biased and infamatory.

In my opinion, he's right on in his comments. Rasheed is million dollar talent with a 10 cent head.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Fork</b>!
So let me get this straight.

When Walton says Rasheed is among the most physically talented players in the league, it's being fair and he's telling the truth.

But when he says Rasheed is inconsistant and a negative influence to the team, it's being unfair, biased and infamatory.
Ahhh, well. Give him a break. At least he's landed a guest spot on Less Than Perfect. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Bill Walton's hypocrisy:

Z-Bo can't be on the All Star team cuz his team isn't winning, but LeBron should have been on the team. His rationale? The Cavs are going to make the playoffs. Never mind that the Cavs are nowhere near the playoffs and on a losing streak. We're playing the best ball in the league!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
LMAO - "He's a changed man"! :laugh:

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Qyntel is the new odd man out.

How long before he gets traded?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts