Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What NBA team do you guys think will turn into something special in the next 2-3 years? I definitly see the lakers coming together in the next few years. Also, with deron williams at the healm in Utah, I could see them building something great around him.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Re: What NBA team will go from nothing to something in the near future?

Charlotte has started a nice framework; once they decide to start throwing their money around, probably summer after this one, they'll make a huge leap in the standings.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

MJG said:
Charlotte has started a nice framework; once they decide to start throwing their money around, probably summer after this one, they'll make a huge leap in the standings.
Charlotte has an UNREAL group of players. Felton will be a great guard and sean may (once he gets in a little bit better of shape) will be awesome. And okafur will be good too. I like the cats a lot.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts

Man, how much better would the Hawks be with Paul or Deron Williams than Marvin Williams, another tween forward on a team stacked with tweener forwards?

I can't tell if the Hornets are for real yet, but they could be... Paul is certainly making his teammates better. They're getting good performances out of guys like Kirk Snyder and David West - guys who aren't exactly household names.

And Charlotte... yeah, they've got guys who look pretty good most everywhere but SG. If they add a real stud to play on the wing they'll be set.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Mikedc said:
Man, how much better would the Hawks be with Paul or Deron Williams than Marvin Williams, another tween forward on a team stacked with tweener forwards?QUOTE]

Great point. I think chris paul is going to be something special in the NBA. And deron is going to be a great team player. What about a player like justin gray coming out of wake to atlanta? Might be a good fit.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts

MightyMouse1984 said:
Mikedc said:
Man, how much better would the Hawks be with Paul or Deron Williams than Marvin Williams, another tween forward on a team stacked with tweener forwards?
Great point. I think chris paul is going to be something special in the NBA. And deron is going to be a great team player. What about a player like justin gray coming out of wake to atlanta? Might be a good fit.
Their best fit will be someone other than Billy Knight as the GM.

But yeah, if they get a good PG, they'll be in business I think.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts

1. Charlotte

2. Atlanta.

Dont know enough about New Awlins' to make a prediction.

Toronto has a long way to go. But they have a couple of nice big men.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts

The Bobcats are on their way up quicker than any of the cellar dwellers. Bickerstaff is definitely building that team the way he should, by focusing on the frontcourt first with Okafor and Brezec, then filling in the perimeter secondly. Sean May looks like he'll be really good, too, which makes for a very nice set of bigs. They still need to solidify the wings badly though. Man, if the Bulls could pair their wing corps with the Bobcats frontline, we'd have a nasty team.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I don't know if this really counts as "nothing", but I think the Clippers are poised to begin being a top 4 team in the West for several years to come.

I think Portland is also up to something these days.

Darius Miles: 19.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.63 spg, 1.38 bpg on 48% fg. Bad TO rate (4.38 TO/game), but otherwise an explosion onto the scene. Just turned 24 years old.

Sebastian Telfair: 12.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.0 apg, .75 spg. 45.7% from the field and 42.3% from the arc. 20 years old.

Zach Randolph: 19.1 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.13 spg. 46.2% from the field. 24 years old.

Add in the combination of Ratliff and Pryzbilla as dominant paint-controllers and rookies Martell and Jarrett working on becoming consummate backups (Jarrett Jack is averaging 3.3 apg in only 19 mpg, making him ranked 7th in the NBA in a/to ratio). Also add the fact that Sergei Monya looks like a real player.

Also note that Portland has recently and quietly escaped salary cap hell and is mostly paying rookie contracts out. They will have the flexibility to add an important piece when needed.

Finally, toss in Nate McMillan, exactly the type of coach that this young team needs, and voila. The components of an incredible future.

Portland and the Clippers will make a big splash either this year or next year in the West.

I think Utah is still a few more years off, as is Atlanta. The Hornets are about one year away from being a playoff contender.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Showtyme said:
I don't know if this really counts as "nothing", but I think the Clippers are poised to begin being a top 4 team in the West for several years to come.
The Clippers are off to a roaring start and seem to have a nice, balanced core in place. There is some good jib there as well. The Clips are my zero to hero call here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
The Clippers are off to a roaring start and seem to have a nice, balanced core in place. There is some good jib there as well. The Clips are my zero to hero call here.

the clips are for real.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts