Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
Joined
·
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is totally off topic... but I am royally confused and annoyed by something and it is something that I think should be brought up...

I suddenly have 128 rep. This is weird, because the last time I looked I had 21 rep. 21 rep was about right... I enjoyed getting the occasional rep for a well deserved post, or maybe a rep for a really good caption on a pic thread. I liked the way that rep, for me at least, was accurate to how well I was posting. I never really liked the way that some people ended up with 1200 rep, or whatever.

Now, suddenly my rep is inflated. I'm curious... is there some method for this? Is there some reason people enjoy inflating rep artificially? I think that it ruins a nice system when this happens.

Any other thoughts on it?


-Chris.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chaos16

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,280 Posts
The rep is insane, and out of control, I wish we didn't have the rep here, or at least I wish the power you have is not effected by the rep you have because then it just escalates to what it is now. If you were here Chris, then maybe you remember the old star rating system where you could rate a poster out of 5 stars. It was better that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
855 Posts
thats probably my fault chris, i have just been repping you nonstop for the past couple days, i guess i can quit now
 
  • Like
Reactions: STUCKEY!

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
21 rep?? :kissmy: no for real though i hear what your sayin even though i contribute as much as the old shoe box in the corner of da room my 5 rep is all i deserve n it makes me feel like a post is liked my i get repped as opposed to get repped all d tiem ubt yeah sorry i'm a bit drunk so i'm prob rambling but newayz i agreeez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
I think the rep system should be in more control...that way you know who is a smart person with good post.....and who are rep whores! maybe mods could approve...no nevermind that would be to much work......Just get it under control!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
this is totally off the rep thing but it involves this board and I didnt find it in the FAQ's...

How many posts do I need until I can upload a custom Avatar?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,280 Posts
Yes sir, becoming a supporting member allows users a whole crap load of new features like custom avatars, the option of having a personal forum, and the satisfaction of helping out the coolest site on the internet. Boo yah. Doooo it. You know you want to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Lope31 said:
Yes sir, becoming a supporting member allows users a whole crap load of new features like custom avatars, the option of having a personal forum, and the satisfaction of helping out the coolest site on the internet. Boo yah. Doooo it. You know you want to.
So what do I have to do to become a "supporting member"? So far this site seems pretty sweet, I like it. I wouldnt mind helping out. I do have a problem with the clown that keeps F'n with my sig.
 

·
**** the clippers
Joined
·
16,458 Posts
ChrisWoj said:
This is totally off topic... but I am royally confused and annoyed by something and it is something that I think should be brought up...

I suddenly have 128 rep. This is weird, because the last time I looked I had 21 rep. 21 rep was about right... I enjoyed getting the occasional rep for a well deserved post, or maybe a rep for a really good caption on a pic thread. I liked the way that rep, for me at least, was accurate to how well I was posting. I never really liked the way that some people ended up with 1200 rep, or whatever.

Now, suddenly my rep is inflated. I'm curious... is there some method for this? Is there some reason people enjoy inflating rep artificially? I think that it ruins a nice system when this happens.

Any other thoughts on it?


-Chris.
:rotf: AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING!
 

·
Restore the Roar
Joined
·
7,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TheBigDonut said:
:rotf: AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING!
Yes. I am... the system was put in for a reason and people doing what they are ruins it. When I joined the site I could actually tell who was either respected or at the least well-liked. Now any ol' idiot can be a rep whore and the entire system is thrown for a loop. I think that the various moderators should be the only ones able to reward rep for a well-thought-out post.


-Chris.
 
  • Like
Reactions: STUCKEY! and Lope31

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,929 Posts
ChrisWoj said:
Yes. I am... the system was put in for a reason and people doing what they are ruins it. When I joined the site I could actually tell who was either respected or at the least well-liked. Now any ol' idiot can be a rep whore and the entire system is thrown for a loop. I think that the various moderators should be the only ones able to reward rep for a well-thought-out post.


-Chris.
I hate to break your heart chris but some mods are rep whores too :cry: :banana:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top