Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't we all think that he would put up serious numbers this season? I thought he'd do at least 20 and 10, maybe more. I really thought that after his rookie adjustment year, he would explode this year. As the dust is settling, his numbers really haven't improved much from last year. He only scored 6 points against Boston. Who does Boston have to stop him? And he only had one block?

Is it safe to call him a disappointment? I'm not even sure he deserves to be on the All Star team.

How good will this guy be eventually? 25 ppg? Ever? Will he ever even be as good as Rik Smits in his prime?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Francis shoots 15 times a game.

Mobley shoots 13 times a game.

Jim Jackson shoots 10.5 times a game.

Ming shoots 11 times a game.

The Rockets REALLY need to move Mobley.....and maby Francis too.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
As the dust is settling, his numbers really haven't improved much from last year. He only scored 6 points against Boston. Who does Boston have to stop him? And he only had one block?
Yao is just not physical or aggressive enough to compete with Chris Mihm.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Siouxperior</b>!
I agree. Their backcourt is holding "Yao" back imo.

Sounds familiar

"Yao" = Insert Blazer player here

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Siouxperior</b>!
I agree. Their backcourt is holding Yao back imo.
Watching Yao actually play, if he's being held back, he's a willing participant.

He's simply not aggressive enough in looking for his own shot. He has the size, skills and talent to really dominate in the post. Instead, he's satisfied to pass to his guards and shoot from the perimeter.

That doesn't sound at all familiar to me. ;)

Hello, Chinese Rasheed Wallace?

Until Yao acquires a "take-over" mentality and a desire to really attack the basket, he'll never be a dominant center. A nice one to have, sure. But not a force.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts