Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine still has to be the AFLAC one with Yogi Berra. Always cracks me up when he puts the duck into a tizzy with his "Yogiisms"! :laugh:

Kinda like those ("No, but I did stay at a....") Holiday Inn Express commercials, too. They had me going with the latest Jeopardy one with Alex Trebek in it.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
The one commercial (recently) that I liked, was that new Corvette commercial, they showed during the olympics. But a bunch of panty wastes deemed it inappropriate, so Chevy took it off the air.

They claim it "sent a dangerous message. "

As a fan of the corvair, I've always enjoyed seeing this commercial.

For Chevy Venture

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
The Dairy Queen commercial for their new coffee drinks where the woman is doing a blind taste test and tries to run off wih the drink and smacks right into to glass door and falls over, bringing down the mini blinds... that one always gets me

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That coffee expresso commercial where the band follows the guy to work playing Eye of the Tiger. Then another guy gets into the elevator and they start playing it for him. I love that one.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Right now my favorite is on the radio. The wireless commercial with:

Man; "You remember how you were in college."

Long pause

Woman (daughter?); "Yeah."

Together; "Better get her a phone."

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Goldmember</b>!
That coffee expresso commercial where the band follows the guy to work playing Eye of the Tiger. Then another guy gets into the elevator and they start playing it for him. I love that one.
"Glen... Glen Glen Glen Glen... Glen Glen Gleeeen... Glen's the man, going to work... he's got style, got ambition..."

It's a good one!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
My current favorite is the one for Diet Dr. Pepper, where the two guys are outside, barbecuing up some hot dogs. From inside the house, you can hear one of the wives yell out: "Are those tofu dogs done yet?"

One of the guys picks up one of the disgusting looking tofu dogs, takes a small bite, and the other guy asks "Well, is it done yet?"

"Man, I hope not," the man replies.

Narrator's voice: "Not everything diet has to taste diet. Diet Dr. Pepper."

Pretty funny stuff.

-Pop

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>SodaPopinski</b>!
My current favorite is the one for Diet Dr. Pepper.....
Is there any correlation between your screen name and your affinity towards a soda pop commercial? :D

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Well, since I have kids and a dog that looks similar to the one in this particular commercial, I have to go with the one where a boy tells his dog to stay lieing down in the kitchen while he opens all the candy bars and places the wrappers around the dog. The boy puts the candy bars in his bag and as he walks out the door he yells to his mom that the dog got into the candy again.

My first reaction was, "I hope my daughter doesn't see this commercial"....

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
My favorite's are all the ESPN commercials, especially the one with J.Stackhouse laughing at Trey Wingo's name.

I also like the Coors Light commercial were guys say "I just bought a round of drinks, on my buddy's tab" then the guy carrying the cooler down to the beach and he says "I dont even know this girls name" and "I dated a girl for her brains, very, very, BIG brains."

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

Is there any correlation between your screen name and your affinity towards a soda pop commercial? :D
:laugh:

My screen name is an ode to the greatest video game ever created.

-Pop

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Playmaker0017</b>!

Mike Tyson's Punchout is good ... but not better than Tecmo Superbowl.
Tecmo Superbowl might be my favorite game ever.

Did anyone ever put a WR like Jerry Rice or Andre Rison in at RB? You could hit a hole in the line and be GONE because the elite WRs were so fast.

It keeping stats for a season was my favorite feature ever. Of course, expectations have shifted a bit since then...

Ed O.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts