Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently we aren't interested in his services. Hopefully this is a negotiating ploy. If so, brilliant. If not, damn.
Maddux would be a nice addition, but the 6-9 gap in our line-up (Gonzalex, Barret, Pitcher) will keep the offense from being great. Pudge could fix that. If we don't get Pudge, it's going to be a dog-fight with Houston all year. i.e. dead arms for our pitchers in the playoffs.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
I'm a little miffed that the Trib Co won't just open up the vaults and make a run at both players. Maddux would be a short-term commitment and Pudge would be worth his keep unless he gets injured again. After so many years of Cubs faithful filling Wrigley to watch a crappy team, now that we have most of the pieces in place I think ownership/management should try to hit the homerun. We'd be solid 1-7 in the order with Pudge, and we'd have the deepest rotation in the majors plus a solid bullpen.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
they have been wary about paying anybody big bucks this offseason. Unless that changes, you have no shot at either. Pudge would be perfect for you guys though. Id be happy as a pudge fan to see him playing im Chitown

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Of the 2 I'd rather have Pudge, since he is a long-term investment, and there's always the risk that Maddox would just Pippen us.

I realy don't understand why the Cubs haven't made a serious run at Rodriguez. now that they have the really important issues, like the rooftop owners and the Tribune Scalping Service worked out, its time to turn the full attention back to the roster and another shot at getting to the series.

Its rare for a Chicago baseball team to put together back to back good years and I want this to be one of the times it happens. In fact, as a fan, I demand it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts