Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spongyfungy said:
Chicago connection: A fourth-year 6-6 small forward, Simmons was born in Chicago and starred at Simeon High School, where he averaged 27 points, 10 rebounds and five assists as a senior before playing three years at DePaul. He was drafted No. 42 in 2001 by the Seattle SuperSonics, who instantly traded him to Washington for Predrag Drobnjak.

Catching up: Averaging career highs of 16.8 points and 6.0 rebounds this season, Simmons, 24, is one of the league's best bargains at his salary of $825,000. But all that will change this summer when he becomes a free agent. "It's a good chance that I will be re-signed this summer, and that would be nice because I like it here,'' Simmons said. "Chicago is also a possibility, and that would be nice because you can never beat home cooking and because the Bulls are now a young team turning things around as a winner again and they'll be in the playoffs. But I'll leave this in my agent's hands.''

http://www.suntimes.com/output/banks/cst-spt-banx03.html
He thinks he'll stay, but also says the Bulls are a possibility. I hope he jets and the Clippers lose out waiting on Allen as well.

I want a nice 1st from them next year.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
He should jet. Get as far away from the Clips as possible as soon as you can. That should be every NBA player's mantra.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Why would the Bulls go after him when they have Deng and Andres?

Not many teams need a starter at the SF position, so I'm guessing he will stay a Clipper.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
SeaNet said:
He should jet. Get as far away from the Clips as possible as soon as you can. That should be every NBA player's mantra.
What do you have against playing for the best team in LA :whoknows:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andres isn't the greatest shooter in the world.

HFK mentioned that Gordon would want to start at 1 point, which I think is right, more so then Andres! ******* is only good for dirty "D".

Anyone catch his incident the other day?

-Petey

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Petey said:
Andres isn't the greatest shooter in the world.

HFK mentioned that Gordon would want to start at 1 point, which I think is right, more so then Andres! ******* is only good for dirty "D".

Anyone catch his incident the other day?

-Petey
You misunderstood me. Deng and Andres both play the 3 with Deng as the starter. I don't believe that Simmons would be an improvement for them considering the commitment to "dirty", scrappy defense that Andres plays. Now Simmons could potentially play at the 2, but he is far more effective at the 3 and Gordon, even if he doesn't start, will take most of the minutes at the 2.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
If Simmons is looking at Chicago might be the fact he is from Chicago? Remember he's a DePaul boy. Go Blue Demons.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I don't think the Bulls will go after Simmons.

For one, Deng played solid basketball when he was starting. The way Skiles coaches his team, Any given night, you could go from 35 minutes to 15...he plays to who he thinks has it. And I don't think that's a good thing for Simmons and his developement. I think he's a solid 3 option who could avg 15-20 ppg.

Nocioni is a gritty and dirty player. Yet Bulls like how he plays defense...he'll need to work on his shot tho...

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I think the Clips can retain Simmons, he'll cost about MLE type money over 3-4 seasons. Not too much. Who can use him, Cleveland, Miami, he's not a player you build a team around, so i don't see the lottery teams going after him. Mostly team a piece or 2 away and usually they only have the MLE to spend. I think he remains in LA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts