Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bone Crusher said:
As many of you already know, I'm a main contributor for HoopsHype.com and was the man who first broke the story of Magloire being traded to Milwaukee. We'll I'm getting multiple sources telling me there's a deal in the works between Indiana and Minnesota that will make that deal look like an NBDL transaction. Word is Larry Bird and Kevin McHale have been in heated discussions for the past 2 weeks on a blockbuster, and finally after hours of talking they've come to a verbal agreement. Although things could change at anytime, obviously, as of this writing the deal would send Kevin Garnett, Wally Szczerbiak, and Trenton Hassell to Indiana in exchange for Jermaine O'Neal, Danny Granger, Scot Pollard, and Jonathan Bender. This deal makes Indiana the team to beat this year and for the forseeable future, while it also gives Minnesota exactly what they need for Garnett; another superstar (O'Neal), a nice young talent (Granger), and huge cap flexability (dumping Wally and Hassell's contracts for the expiring contracts of Pollard and Bender). Expect this to go down as early as today, or as late as the weekend. It just depends on how quickly things can be finalized.
http://basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2849732#post2849732&conly=

Fudge!

-Petey

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Swapping JO for KG doesnt really change anything, the two teams are basically going to be at the same level they started out from, in my opinion that is

·
Registered
2,856 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
What??? I didnt even read that well JO, Granger, Bender and Pollard for the wolves starting unit. LOL well i guess the east will become more competitive

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hbwoy said:
Swapping JO for KG doesnt really change anything, the two teams are basically going to be at the same level they started out from, in my opinion that is
Garnett and O'Neal are on different levels, don't think it's even close.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Petey said:
Garnett and O'Neal are on different levels, don't think it's even close.

-Petey
But JO is younger and will still give you the same 20, 10 production and then your throwing in Granger into the mix.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
VC_15 said:
Thnx, man, i am astonished by ur ability of getting news fast!!!.
That's not news. It's a post on BBB.net.

It sounds plausible, though.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Why would the Wolves want JON and Granger when they can have Penny Hardaway and Antonio Davis?!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Garnett can do it all on the court and he's a better all-around bball player than O'Neal. you get Wally, who can come off the bench with Croshere and provide some nice shooting. Hassell brings ANOTHER tough defender to the Pacers, giving them 3 top defenders in KG, Artest and Hassell.

Foster
Garnett
Artest
Jackson
Tinsley

wow...

T'Wolves get some nice talent in return...O'Neal should be fine down in Minny. Granger and Griffin are kinda similar in some ways. Pollard would become the backup center to Kandi man. Bender would get some immediate burn along a very very long front court with Granger and Griffin.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
ghoti said:
Why would the Wolves want JON and Granger when they can have Penny Hardaway and Antonio Davis?!
How much is JON owed over the next couple of years, and how much do they save after this year with penny and AD

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Hbwoy said:
But JO is younger and will still give you the same 20, 10 production and then your throwing in Granger into the mix.
Once again, there is a big difference between 24/13 and 20/10.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
ghoti said:
That's not news. It's a post on BBB.net.

It sounds plausible, though.

but it's still news, it tells new stuff about what's going on with kg.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
But looking at this deal, this is one that actually makes sense for both parties. Its an all star big for another one, the other extra parts are just sweeteners. Both teams will benefit from this

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Yeah 4 pts and 3 boards
Per game. That's a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
ghoti said:
Once again, there is a big difference between 24/13 and 20/10.
especially 24/13 on 49% shooting & 20/10 on 42% shooting

people say Garnett roams the primeter too much and shoots too many jumpers......boy they must not know much about J.O.s game then. It wouldn't be out of line to say he shoots more jumpers than Dirk

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Hbwoy said:
How much is JON owed over the next couple of years, and how much do they save after this year with penny and AD
Jermaine is owed just as much money as Garnett, since his contract is max and expires a year later.

The savings comes from dealing Wally's absurd deal (56M for 5 years). Wally also comes with a nice surprise for Larry Bird. A 10% trade kicker!

Being under the cap is overrated. If you are a wasteland like Minnesota, it basically allows you to overpay guys like Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Another reason why the knicks offer is more appealing. Just go into rebuilding mode and wait for Greg Oden in 07

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.