Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any of you go to your 10 year high school reunion whenever it comes up? (for those who are still in the age group where this question is appropriate I mean. So no ABM, I don't expect you to answer.)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Unfortunately I too am no longer in this age group (class of '87) but I didn't go.

The main reason is that I keep in contact with almost all of my close friends from HS so I couldn't see the point. As it is, it seems like a large group of classmates have also remained close to home so I'm continually bumping into folks I haven't seen in 15 years.

That said, I haven't actually talked to anyone who went and regretted it.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Mine is coming up and I have between zero and no intention to go.

Of course, I moved a lot and I was only at my graduating HS for a little less than a year -- but most of the people there were jerkoffs anyhow.

Play.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Playmaker0017</b>!
Mine is coming up and I have between zero and no intention to go.

Of course, I moved a lot and I was only at my graduating HS for a little less than a year -- but most of the people there were jerkoffs anyhow.

Play.
mine is coming up also. Well, I would assume. There's been no mention of it anywhere, and I hope it stays that way. Anyway, I have no intention of going to mine. I had few friends at Wilson, and I have no interest in getting in touch with them.

Wilson was, altho I wasn't, a very money orientated school. Not everyone was that way of course, but I hated the "groups" that you had to belong to (which I'm sure is true of every school).

·
Registered
710 Posts
I went to mine 4 years ago and I am glad I did. Everyone's attitude had changed alot, and the girls were incredible:love:

I couldn't belive how some of the fattest and ugliest were the hottest:eek:

Hap, you really should go. If anything, go to the meet and greet they have the night before. It is all about drinking and just having a good time.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>BlazerFanFoLife</b>!
Hap you should go, and wilson hasnt gotten much better i dream since your days of going there. I go there now and well i have probably sat in your chair one time or another.
so you know MacDicken? (thats just odd, because when I went as a freshman, there was a Mr MacDicken...but it was the current MacDickens father..)

the only thing that was good about wilson was the brown haired girl, and thats partly mentioned for comical purposes. She wouldn't know me from Viktor Khrapya.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Okay, I am not in the age group listed, but when I went to my 10 year reunion it was a bragging contest and the first liar didn't stand a chance. I couldn't believe how much people were trying to show off and how the social groups gathered. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, but some of the stories that I was hearing about were wild. I think that from what I hear, the 20th reunion is the one to go to. People have their own familes and are more set in there ways where the showing off isn't as important. I mean the Geek from highschool now is the millionare with a hot model as a girlfriend or wife, the super stud has the beer gut and can't hold a job (even if he did score 4 towchdowns in a single game), the prom queen is living in a van down by the river with 10 kids, and the quiet girl (the Wallflower) is now a super model driving all the young boys crazy. Yep that was my high school reunion!

Hap, you should go and have fun. :yes:

A

·
0 Posts
You should go and have fun, Hap! Things have a funny way of equalizing after hs, which is what I keep telling my soon to be sophomore. He is really coming into his own now, but it wasn't so easy once. (And he is drug FREE still! Victories for Mom and I are both great and small. :yes: )

Anyways, just go. I never had the chance, but that's a long sad road I'm not going down here. You should go and have a great time, and look to see how sad some of those peeps look now.

And if all else fails, just look at them and say " I'm freaking HAP! Don't you know how you are dealing with???"

Peace! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts