Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found about this on the NY Times Knicks forum, where folks are calling for Crawford to be traded. It's flat-out hilarious.

Yao leaves the table and sits in a recliner.

EWING: You finished already?

YAO: Yeah, I can eat this every day if I want. At home. Here.

EWING: [Rubbing belly] I gotta go work out tonight. I'm full. You got a treadmill for me?

YAO: Leave your car keys here and run home. I'll give you the keys tomorrow.

MUTOMBO: I'm so full too. Somebody may have to drive me home.

YAO: Keep eating. You can stay here all night.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/players/03/07/first_person0314/

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Patrick Ewing seems like a fussy gus.

Dikembe Mutombo seems like one of the most interesting people in the world to spend a few hours with.

Yao: "I am what I am."

Who knew Patrick was only 6'9"? Not me...!

edit: I didn't think I'd called Pat that bad of a name...so I changed it to the ever stinging "fussy gus." Take THAT Mr. Knick!

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BealeFarange said:
Patrick Ewing seems like a fussy *******.
I'm not sure I'd call someone who doesn't mind having sex in a room full of people "fussy." (see Testimony, Gold Club)

Who knew Patrick was only 6'9"? Not me...!
That doesn't seem right to me. I watched that HBO documentary "Villanova" last night, and in the early part which describes how the 1985 G-Town/'Nova teams were constructed, there's lots of high school game/interview footage of Ewing. He looked like a 7-footer at 17 to me.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ScottMay said:
I'm not sure I'd call someone who doesn't mind having sex in a room full of people "fussy." (see Testimony, Gold Club)

That doesn't seem right to me. I watched that HBO documentary "Villanova" last night, and in the early part which describes how the 1985 G-Town/'Nova teams were constructed, there's lots of high school game/interview footage of Ewing. He looked like a 7-footer at 17 to me.
Haha...good point. It doesn't seem right to me about the 6'9" thing either...not even close. Parentheticals by the author didn't clear up the facts much. In fact, the whole article was written (transcribed) oddly...I think a bit of creative contextualization could have elevated that conversation from "amusing" to "laugh riot."

Maybe the fly on the wall was having too good a time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts