Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,046 Posts
What are "props"? Where does the word come from?

Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,411 Posts
Talkhard said:
What are "props"? Where does the word come from?

Just curious.
I had the same curiousity and posted about it once. If I remember correctly, the answer was it is short for 'proper respect'.

barfo
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
barfo said:
I had the same curiousity and posted about it once. If I remember correctly, the answer was it is short for 'proper respect'.

barfo
sorry, wrong.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,046 Posts
Thanks, barfo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,192 Posts
Talkhard said:
What are "props"? Where does the word come from?

Just curious.
The earliest known use of the term "props", or "Propers" that I can think of off the top of my head is the song "Respect" made famous by Aretha Franklin.

"Give me my Propers, when I come home."

Something to that extent.

Now, on to the main topic of this thread. What a big yawn fest.
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
HearToTemptYou said:
The earliest known use of the term "props", or "Propers" that I can think of off the top of my head is the song "Respect" made famous by Aretha Franklin.

"Give me my Propers, when I come home."

Something to that extent.

Now, on to the main topic of this thread. What a big yawn fest.
I believe the lyric was "Give me my PROFITS when I come home"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Hap said:
I believe the lyric was "Give me my PROFITS when I come home"
Exactly right. from lyrics007.com:

I'm about to give you all of my money
And all I'm askin' in return, honey
Is to give me my profits
When you get home (just a, just a, just a, just a)
Yeah baby (just a, just a, just a, just a)
When you get home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,412 Posts
cpt.napalm said:
Yep, I read that article a couple of days ago and Seth Davis was right on the money about Gonzaga and Raivio.....It was a good piece of work, and it answers a lot of those critics out there who says Few is going to go to some bigger schools in couple years down the road.....

Maui Invitational starts next Monday with Gonzaga playing Maryland in the opening round....I can't wait...
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
Zidane said:
Htty was wrong for once.Is gonzaga from Seattle or spokane?

1: htty is wrong often
2: Gonzaga U is in Spokane (off of Divisionl which is 395, which leads to Highway 2, which leads to 57)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,412 Posts
Here's a nice picture I found of Derek going up against Jack.....



D-Rav had the better of Jack in that game with the victory and 21 points compared to Jarrett's 15...
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top