Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will you remember as the better player?

Mitch Richmond or Reggie Miller?

After 25 votes... it's over.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
by vote goes to Reggie just because of his clutchness.

Richmond was pretty good during the Jordan era too

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
certainly close, but going to go with reggie because of what he was able to do once in the playoffs. he shouldered the load come playoff time, win or lose.

richmond was the better all-around player, imo, in what he contributed on the floor day-in day-out, offensively and defensively. reggie was in a better situation, but here's the key (and some of you don't like to apply this same logic elsewhere), reggie made the most of his situation, consistently rising to the occassion.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Mitch Richmond was the better player
but Reggie Miller will be remembered so give my vote to Reggie

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll remember Reggie as better, if for the simple fact that he was always stepping up in big games and making the plays when it counted....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Richmond is a better player, just not as clutch-so I go with Mitch.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Have To Go With...

Mitch Richmond...

He put up great stats:
88-89: 22ppg 5.9rpg 4.2apg 1.04spg
89-90: 22.1ppg 4.6rpg 2.9apg 1.26spg
90-91: 23.9ppg 5.9rpg 3.1apg 1.64spg
91-91: 22.5ppg 4rpg 5.1apg 1.15spg
92-93: 21.9ppg 3.4rpg 4.9apg 1.18spg
93-94: 23.4ppg 3.7rpg 4apg 1.32spg
94-95: 22.8ppg 4.4rpg 3.8apg 1.11spg
95-96: 23.1ppg 3.3rpg 3.1apg 1.54spg
96-97: 25.9ppg 3.9rpg 4.2apg 1.46spg
97-98: 23.2ppg 3.3rpg 4apg 1.26spg

Total Average: 23.08ppg 4.24rpg 3.93apg 1.29spg

And to top that off Jordan said he was the 2nd best SG behind himself.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Mitch Richmond, hand down. He has been called "The Man of a Thousand Moves." Reggie has three.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Richmond

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definately Reggie Miller by far. Reggie is the leader of a team that did better in the playoffs. He didnt have that much help, mark jackson isn't a scorer, Smits kinda sucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone who would put a bum like Mitch Richmond ahead of a legend like Reggie Miller doe snot deserve to post on these message boards. Reggie Miller is the most unselfish player in the history of the NBA, this guy could average 30 points a game whenever he wanted to (as he has done several times in the playoffs where he becomes "greedy") and he has hit more big time shots than anyone in the history of the game so please dont but a guy who has played in 0 signifigant games in his NBA career ahead of him.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Stats-Just to show-not make a point

RICHMOND

Minutes:
FG%:
FT%:
STL:
BLK:
Rebounds:
AST:
Pts:

MILLER

Minutes:
FG%:
FT%:
STL:
BLK:
Rebounds:
AST:
PTS:

Richmond has more steals, blocks, rebounds, assists and points.
Miller has a better field goal and free throw percentage

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
Stats-Just to show-not make a point

RICHMOND

Minutes:
FG%:
FT%:
STL:
BLK:
Rebounds:
AST:
Pts:

MILLER

Minutes:
FG%:
FT%:
STL:
BLK:
Rebounds:
AST:
PTS:

Richmond has more steals, blocks, rebounds, assists and points.
Miller has a better field goal and free throw percentage
Reggie didn't take nearly as many shots as Mitch did. Like someone else said, he could easily have a career average of 30 and be the alltime leading scorer. If he took as many shots as Iverson throughout his whole career, he would undoubtedly have already passed up Abdul Jabbar. I mean he scored 56 points on 28 shots for god sakes. It took Iverson 38 shots to put up 42 points one time. Reggie could easily dominate. He deferred for the good of the team. But when coach told him to take over, he did. Just ask Knicks fans who they fear the most with the ball in his hands with 5 seconds to go. They sure as hell won't say Mitch Richmond.

By the way, if Mitch is better than Reggie because he averaged two more points then I am going to say Pierce is better than Kobe for the same reason.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Malakian</b>!

Reggie didn't take nearly as many shots as Mitch did. Like someone else said, he could easily have a career average of 30 and be the alltime leading scorer. If he took as many shots as Iverson throughout his whole career, he would undoubtedly have already passed up Abdul Jabbar. I mean he scored 56 points on 28 shots for god sakes. It took Iverson 38 shots to put up 42 points one time. Reggie could easily dominate. He deferred for the good of the team. But when coach told him to take over, he did. Just ask Knicks fans who they fear the most with the ball in his hands with 5 seconds to go. They sure as hell won't say Mitch Richmond.

By the way, if Mitch is better than Reggie because he averaged two more points then I am going to say Pierce is better than Kobe for the same reason.
First what does Iverson have to do with all this? Next-Shaq could have passed Jabbar if he took as many shots as Iverson too-And your example is just one single incident, maybe Reggie just had a good game-As for the Knick thing-maybe thats becaue Richmond only plays them twice a year??? And I said that I was just showing the stats for everyone to see..not to make a point. And you probably already think Pierce is better than Kobe.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Malakian</b>!
Survey says: Pierce was a better player than Kobe last year.
I don't care about what a survey says..this thread is about Miller/Richmond..not Kobe/Pierce.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Think it real interesting that Absoloute and Malakian opened my discussion on Mitch and Reggie I told both of you Mitch is as well thought of as Reggie is ,Just a few clutch baskets by Reggie that gives him the hype Mitch was much more solid a player,

My vote goes with Mitch as a preference but as far as Legacies go Reggie will be because of the BIG MOMENTS HE"S HAD.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts