Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6'8"-6'9" SF with 7'1" wingspan, thin frame, fluid and smooth, rudimentary ball-handling skills, seems to be a solid three point shooter, and seems to have a high basketball IQ.

Would you be happy drafting this kid Top 10?

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
“He never played AAU or went to any of the Nike or Adidas camps, you know that, right?” says Robert Kirby, the Hoyas’ second-year assistant.

Huh?

“He never entered that world,” Kirby explains. “His father didn’t want him to. It was the kind of world he thought would corrupt his kid of learning what he needed to about the game. He knew the guys that were coaching a lot of those AAU teams were not very good coaches. He knew more than them.”
It all makes sense.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
No wonder he can pass and do rudimentary things like attack a zone!

With the steady play and ridiculous length it seems like he's destined to be the new and improved Tayshaun Prince in Detroit.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have only seen him play a few times but when I watch him i see a good amount of a young Paul Pierce in him
I feel like this is going to be a good comp for him going forward.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
No wonder he can pass and do rudimentary things like attack a zone!

With the steady play and ridiculous length it seems like he's destined to be the new and improved Tayshaun Prince in Detroit.
The problem is that his dad was a star at the local juco, and so he was plugged in and basically tutored personally from a 1,000 game winning coach at that level since he was young. I'd like to see more kids stay away from the AAU, but Porter had some connections that could make him better (and contact D1 programs) outside that system.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a shame Otto basically did nothing to improve his draft stock in the tournament.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Guy is a role player. Jeff Green at best type maybe.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Currently projected 3rd to the Wizards, I think that would be a great get for them. Wall/Beal/Porter is a talented, well balanced bunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts