Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to win at least 5 of our next 6 games anything less will be very disapointing because are four games after that are brutal.

January
25 Sun Atlanta
28 Wed @ Boston
30 Fri @ Toronto
31 Sat Memphis

February
2 Mon @ Miami
3 Tue Cleveland
6 Fri @ New Orleans
7 Sat @ Dallas
10 Tue @ New Jersey
11 Wed Sacramento

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!
We need to win at least 5 of our next 6 games anything less will be very disapointing because are four games after that are brutal.

January
25 Sun Atlanta
28 Wed @ Boston
30 Fri @ Toronto
31 Sat Memphis

February
2 Mon @ Miami
3 Tue Cleveland
6 Fri @ New Orleans
7 Sat @ Dallas
10 Tue @ New Jersey
11 Wed Sacramento

I'm not too worried about the first 6 games, although the Toronto game and the Memphis game worries me the most. Toronto of course almost beat us a home about a week ago and Memphis is on a 7 game winning streak.

2-2 in the next four games would make me content, while going 3-1 (although unrealistic and best case scenario) would make me very happy. I can't pick which of those four games at the end that I would want to win most, but I do know that we owe New Orleans one and it would be nice to beat a Western Conference team on their homecourt.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Seriously, this schedule is absurd. The Pistons just had 3 back to backs in a row (Chicago/Toronto, Washington/Milwaukee, San Antonio/Indiana.) Now we're going to have 4 in a row?

Anyways, I think we're capable of winning our next 6, then we've got probably one of the toughest 4 game stretches of the season (in the form of two back to backs.) After that, the schedule does get a bit easier except for a 5 game western road trip (although it is against the worse western teams.)

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
This is what I think we will see...

January
25 Sun Atlanta - - WIN - - Anything less is a crime
28 Wed @ Boston - - WIN - - It's these games that are important
30 Fri @ Toronto - - WIN - - Especially if Vince is out
31 Sat Memphis - - LOSE - - It will be TOUGH

February
2 Mon @ Miami - - WIN - - Good team but everyone else can beat 'em
3 Tue Cleveland - - WIN - - We SHOULD win this but we might lose
6 Fri @ New Orleans - - WIN - - Again we should win this
7 Sat @ Dallas - - LOSE - - They might be angry
10 Tue @ New Jersey - - WIN - - A record only goes so far, if you can't beat the best in the conference you're not the best. We need this
11 Wed Sacramento - - LOSE - - Same as above but with different circumstance.

I can't sit back and say, oh well we lost but it was to Sacto because I don't want the Pistons to be the amongst the best in the East I want them to be THE best in the LEAGUE. We can POTENTIALL win every game we play.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Re: Re: Our next ten games

Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
This is what I think we will see...

January
25 Sun Atlanta - - WIN - - Anything less is a crime
28 Wed @ Boston - - WIN - - It's these games that are important
30 Fri @ Toronto - - WIN - - Especially if Vince is out
31 Sat Memphis - - LOSE - - It will be TOUGH

February
2 Mon @ Miami - - WIN - - Good team but everyone else can beat 'em
3 Tue Cleveland - - WIN - - We SHOULD win this but we might lose
6 Fri @ New Orleans - - WIN - - Again we should win this
7 Sat @ Dallas - - LOSE - - They might be angry
10 Tue @ New Jersey - - WIN - - A record only goes so far, if you can't beat the best in the conference you're not the best. We need this
11 Wed Sacramento - - LOSE - - Same as above but with different circumstance.

I can't sit back and say, oh well we lost but it was to Sacto because I don't want the Pistons to be the amongst the best in the East I want them to be THE best in the LEAGUE. We can POTENTIALL win every game we play.
Exactly. But, I can actually say I expect the Pistons to beat Sacramento at home and I don't think anything is wrong with that. We have beaten the Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs on our homecourt, so I don't think it's absurd to think we can or will beat the Kings at home. Good point...

Looking at the schedule, starting @ Boston, I noticed that we play 5 games in the span of 7 days or a week. :nonono: That's a tougher stretch of games than it looks like.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think we will win all of our home games in this stretch-we beat Sac. last year and it wasn't even really a close game, and we've had success against the elite western teams at home once again this year. The toughest games are going to be at Toronto, at New Orleans, and at Dallas. If the Pistons can win more than 7 of these next 10 that would be awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.