Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has nothing to do with the Raptors but a player who could by himself tear down the door for future Canadian NBA players.
I figure I share this with ya'll considering most of us are Canadian and have been waiting for a super star that will hail from north of the border for a long time. There are 2 players who have a good chance of giving us Canadians 2 superstars like we have never seen. 2 players who could make a 1-2 punch line for Canada that will have the USA dream team nervous about. 2 players who could come out 2 be very high lottery picks in the same year. There names are Olu Famutimi and Denham Brown. If you dont know much about these guys I suggest you read these 2 articles. We will be hearing alot from the both of them in the future.

Denham- Will be taking Caron Butlers spot at UCONN this year . He is the most prolific Canadian born and raised player we have ever produced. He has more offensive moves then most players dream of. A 6-6 forward who could shoot from anywhere on the floor. He has the speed of most guards, A rebound machine, a cut slash forward ala Stackhouse/Sprewell. You might have hearsd him in the news for breaking the Canadian record with 111 points in a single high school game.

Olu- The only better NBA two-guard prospect is LeBron James. Olu Famutimi is destined to make is mark as a superstar. Maybe the Closest thing to TMAC since himself. One of the top 3 defenders in the united States according to many. A over 40 inch vertical. All the tools to be one of the greatest to ever play according to some.

More on Olu. Must read

http://www.basketballjones.ca/highschool/whatsmyname/

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yeah that olu guy is really good

i remember watching one of his games when he played for SBA (Scarborough Basketball Assoc.) against OBA (Ontario) and he dunked on my friend from close to the free throw line

the crowd went crazy, it was amazing

i never let him forget that

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
oh yeah, forgot about denham

he lives around my area, (went to West Hill H.S. and I go to Pope which is very close) and as you know he scored 100 pts in a game

my guess is he wont make much of an impact this year because he is a freshman and UConn has a pretty good team

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah
what about all those crazy players from Mowat?
Man o man that is a ROUGH school and I think everyone on that basketball team is going to be an NBA all star when they grow up
hahahaha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Western Boys

We have some good young kids out here in Calgary, you never know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts