Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2861 - 2880 of 2908 Posts

·
U of AZ 72
23 Posts
Agreed. If both Davis and Moll can develop and take a step forward from last season we'll be pretty good to go. Think HS-D1 was an adjustment for both, plus injuries in the case of Davis. Moll has all the tools, think he just needs to figure out what his game is.[/QUOTE
We are very thin in front court and what worries me is if Davis gets injured. He already had trouble with his feet last year.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Davis had plantir faceitis last season. Regular calf stretch exercises will keep it from returning.

Toes are actuated by the calf muscles. If the calf muscles pull too tight on the ligaments which move the toes those ligaments rub on the heel bone under pressure and both the ligaments and the bone are bruised. It hurts like hell and takes a long time to heal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wonder how much Lorenzo has progressed. He's still plenty tall but is he better at basketball?
He's working on it. I was at my daughter's AAU tournament and he was hanging out with Shungu, who was running the clock/scoreboard, on one of the courts. Lorenzo was shooting around at half-time of the game I was watching. Hope that helps!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder how much Lorenzo has progressed. He's still plenty tall but is he better at basketball?
No athleticism and not much feel for the game.
For a kid like Lorenzo the game moves waaay too fast.
He can be useful in spot situations defensively if he progresses.
Big guys almost always benefit from and extra year, but that makes no sense for a walk-on.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
No athleticism and not much feel for the game.
For a kid like Lorenzo the game moves waaay too fast.
He can be useful in spot situations defensively if he progresses.
Big guys almost always benefit from and extra year, but that makes no sense for a walk-on.
Agreed.

If as fans, we're hoping for Lorenzo to contribute meaningful minutes, we're probably in pretty bad shape.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
If as fans, we're hoping for Lorenzo to contribute meaningful minutes, we're probably in pretty bad shape.
I disagree. As a fan of the team, I hope for every player to improve and contribute. If Lorenzo does develop, great! If he doesn't, the coaching staff is finding other options.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,175 Posts
Verbal Commits

@verbalCommits
Follow
Follow @verbalCommits

More
Verbal Commits Retweeted Frankie Buckets

Former Dayton F Frankie Policelli is transferring to Stony Brook.

·
Premium Member
32,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,868
Verbal Commits

@verbalCommits
Follow
Follow @verbalCommits

More
Verbal Commits Retweeted Frankie Buckets

Former Dayton F Frankie Policelli is transferring to Stony Brook.
Potential impact transfer. This kid was a pretty monster recruit out of HS. Had 20 offers including Texas Tech, Cincinnati, Washington, Maryland, Rhode Island, Rutgers, St. Joe’s, St. Bonaventure, etc.

Did not have much of an impact at Dayton, but apparently he was supposed to red shirt at Dayton but didn’t due to other injuries. No idea what SBU will be getting, but to reiterate was a big recruit out of HS.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I disagree. As a fan of the team, I hope for every player to improve and contribute. If Lorenzo does develop, great! If he doesn't, the coaching staff is finding other options.
Of course I want every guy to get the best experience they can out of their time at UVM. It's just that he has so far to go to be someone that would see meaningful minutes...my point was...if he were to get meaningful time, it's most likely because something bad happened to a couple of regular contributors. At this point, the huge dude on the training staff is probably ahead of Lorenzo on the depth chart.

·
Premium Member
32,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,876
Alex Rivera on his way to LIU Brooklyn
Kellogg offered him when he was at UMass- read an article and basically said he left because he thought he’d have more of a role last season at UML. Can’t say I really disagree with him.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Former La Salle C Cian Sullivan is transferring to Hartford. @cian_32 https://t.co/JDbZ34ypuZ
Based on this article he has graduated and I think should not have to sit out for his remaining 2 years of eligibility. At 7'2 he has got to be the tallest player Hartford has ever had. His name is pronounced Key-on.

Ironically both players in this article who are transferring from Lasalle are transferring to Hartford.

Looking forward to having another player from Ireland on the team and look forward to seeing what he can do here.

https://www.philly.com/college-sports/la-salle/traci-carter-cian-sullivan-lasalle-graduate-transfer-20190325.html

An amusing video on Cian from 5 years ago:

2861 - 2880 of 2908 Posts