Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2901 - 2920 of 2928 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,341 Posts
Current transfer list per Jeff Goodman. Players previously recruited by Vermont in bold.

2019-20 MIDSEASON TRANSFER LIST

Trevon Allfrey, 6-7, 240, F, Fr., Seattle
Travis Atson, 6-5, 205, Jr., Quinnipiac
Salif Boudie, 6-8, 215, F, Sr., Arkansas State
Deshawn Corprew, 6-5, 210, SF, Jr., Texas Tech
Nicholas Evtimov, 6-8, 215, F, Fr., Western Carolina
Andrew Ferguson, 7-0, 230, C, Fr., San Diego
Edward Ferguson, 6-5, 190, G, Soph., NC A&T
Michael Frazier, 6-10, 210, F, Soph., Boise State – GARDEN CITY CC

Carte’are Gordon, 6-9, 230, F, DePaul
Blake Harris, 6-3, 190, G, Jr., NC State
Evan Hinson, 6-4, 240, F, South Carolina – AUSTIN PEAY

Jordan Horn, 6-2, 195, G, Soph., North Dakota State – UT PERMIAN BASIN

Harrison Kay, 6-11, 240, C, Grad, Central Connecticut State
Quentin Jackson, 6-3, 180, G, Jr., Temple
Justice Kithcart, 6-1, 185, G, Soph., Nicholls State – WINSTON-SALEM STATE

Keith Matthews, 6-7, 185, SF, Soph., Stetson – FRANCIS MARION

Mark Mayle, 6-9, 205, F, Fr., UMass-Lowell
Issac McBride, 6-1, 180, PG, Fr., Kansas
Quate McKinzie, 6-8, 225, F, Jr., Grand Canyon
Johnny McWilliams, 6-6, 200, G, Grad, Fresno State
Richard Oppong, 6-3, 180, G, Fr., La Salle – MANSFIELD UNIVERSITY

Gabe Osabuohien, 6-8, 220, F, Soph., Arkansas – WEST VIRGINIA

Eric Parrish, 6-6, 190, SG, Jr., Nevada
Kelvin Robinson, 6-2, 210, G, Sr., Eastern Kentucky
Galen “Tolu” Smith, 6-10, 240, F, Fr., Western Kentucky – MISSISSIPPI STATE

Logan Strom, 6-8, 240, F, Fr., Omaha
Calvin Temple, 6-1, 180, G, Fr., IUPUI – LOUISIANA

Eli Wright, 6-5, 190, G, RS Jr., Western Kentucky
Kaijae Yee-Stephens, 6-1, 190, G, RS Jr., Pepperdine
Jesse Zarzuela, 6-2, 180, G, Fr., UTEP

WILL TRANSFER AFTER SEASON

Brendan Barry, 6-2, 180, G, Dartmouth
David Erebor, 6-9, 230, F, Grad, Brown
Vittorio Reynoso-Avila, 6-5, 200, F, Princeton
Mike Smith, 5-11, 180, G, Grad, Columbia
Patrick Tape, 6-10, 230, C, Grad, Columbia

·
Registered
142 Posts
I remember when UVM was recruiting Strom. Looks like this would be his 3rd school and he hasn’t even played yet.

Does he end up playing? He was also a football star, maybe he wants to get back to that?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Well, the Mayle kid on Lowell isn't so much a transfer as it is he was kicked out of school for domestic abuse toward a woman from his hometown. https://www.uml.edu/News/press-releases/2019/bball-player-dismissed.aspx

If you can stomach it, the woman recorded one of the abuse incidents if you search on twitter you'll find them...guy went to prison for 90 days and got probation: https://www.the-review.com/news/20190729/mayle-dismissed-from-team-due-to-assault-charges

Gonna go ahead and say he shouldn't be getting any second chances.

·
5,745 Posts
Well, the Mayle kid on Lowell isn't so much a transfer as it is he was kicked out of school for domestic abuse toward a woman from his hometown. https://www.uml.edu/News/press-releases/2019/bball-player-dismissed.aspx

If you can stomach it, the woman recorded one of the abuse incidents if you search on twitter you'll find them...guy went to prison for 90 days and got probation: https://www.the-review.com/news/20190729/mayle-dismissed-from-team-due-to-assault-charges

Gonna go ahead and say he shouldn't be getting any second chances.
So what you're saying is that Kevin Broadus is going to give him a spot at Morgan St.

·
Premium Member
32,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,909
When Tyler Bertram eventually transfers from UNC-Charlotte wonder if we’ll be in the mix? Feel like a knock down 3pt shooter is a big need (currently and) moving forward.

·
Premium Member
32,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,912
Yeah, not sure what we need more of: 3pt shooters or big men. We do have Lefebreve on board and Mazzulla, who isn’t really a 3pt shooter.

I only want a big man that is going to also contribute offensively and score in the paint. Just having a big body to have a big body isn’t going to bring much to the table. Hard to tell what Doherty is given his limited time at ND.

·
Premium Member
32,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,914
I read an article that made it sound like Doherty is really close with his grandfather and he got sick and he almost transferred back home once previously but decided to stay at ND. Now he’s transferring for real.

Burlington, VT to Marlboro, MA is much closer then South Bend, IN is but it’s still a 3hr + drive away. I’m not sure how much he initially considered Vermont after some of the bigger schools started getting involved, but feel like a Boston-area school would be where he ends up. Holy Cross, UML, Merrimack would prob be closest D1 schools to his house. Maybe NU, BU too.

Boston College would be an obvious fit but it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that Christian is not coming back next year, so not sure how that works committing to a coach that won’t be there or what their scholarship situation is, or if administration would allow it. I saw BC play Saint Louis recently and this year’s BC team could very well be the least talented ACC team in the entire ACC history. They have two kids on the roster that are maybe ACC caliber players. It’s really not good.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,341 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,341 Posts
Darius Henderson is transferring from UML. Duquette loses the one legit center he has on the roster. Not sure what went on there, but he had stopped playing him in spite of that.

I always thought he didn't play enough, but clearly Duquette lost faith in him and grew frustrated.

·
U of AZ 72
33 Posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
It will be interesting to see who the final scholly is. Seems like a dilemma between getting a 3 who can shoot the three as 3 pt shooting is badly needed and getting a center or PF as Giddens will be leaving . Two big needs . Any opinions on this.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,341 Posts
I'm not enamored of what will be left up front after Lamb and Giddens graduate. While we can certainly use some shooting, I'm hoping to see continued improvement from existing players. I've yet to see someone sprout 2 inches and 50 lbs of muscle in an offseason. So I guess I lean toward a big first and a shooter if another scholarship presents itself via waver or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
32,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,919
3pt shooting/ a really skilled shooting guard would be top of the wish list by a good margin.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,341 Posts
3pt shooting/ a really skilled shooting guard would be top of the wish list by a good margin.
I thought that too until I tried to imagine what the interior defense looked like starting Davis and Powell. After I got done shuddering, I couldn't think of anything else.

2901 - 2920 of 2928 Posts