Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2921 - 2940 of 3111 Posts

·
U of AZ 72
54 Posts
3pt shooting/ a really skilled shooting guard would be top of the wish list by a good margin.
I don't see how we can not go for a big even though we had 3 pt shooting woes. We will be thin up front and one injury or med problem such as Davis's feet would really be a disaster. Don't think there's a choice unless there was a terrific guard too good to pass on. I think we have to hope that the 3 pt burden will be taken over by Smith, Shungu, Davis'Deloney and maybe Beckett and Demuth. On another note what a bonus Patella is and glad to see him getting more time. I'm not sure the impact of losing Everett will be as great as was thought with Patella coming on even if we don't get another small forward.

·
Registered
205 Posts
We will add 6'9" Lefebvre to the Front Court Mix, Giving us Davis, DeMuth, Powell, and Lefebvre as our height. That should hold well for the America East part of our schedule. One more big body might help. But with the play of Patella and possibly Beckett at the 3, we should be ok. Our backcourt with Seniors Smith and Shungu, Juniors Duncan and Mazzullo (once he becomes eligible) and Deloney should be good. Deloney will be stronger and better with a years experience.
Like the look, plus never know what the three walk-ons might bring. We haven't seen Fiorillo play yet, never know
what he may develop into. Might be servicable and increase the front court depth.
Like where we are and what the future might bring. The new Arenr the three game a should help with the recruiting.
Hopefully next year we will draw into a tournament. plus the games with Yale, Dartmouth, and St Bonaventure.

·
Premium Member
33,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,923
We will add 6'9" Lefebvre to the Front Court Mix, Giving us Davis, DeMuth, Powell, and Lefebvre as our height. That should hold well for the America East part of our schedule. One more big body might help. But with the play of Patella and possibly Beckett at the 3, we should be ok. Our backcourt with Seniors Smith and Shungu, Juniors Duncan and Mazzullo (once he becomes eligible) and Deloney should be good. Deloney will be stronger and better with a years experience.
Like the look, plus never know what the three walk-ons might bring. We haven't seen Fiorillo play yet, never know
what he may develop into. Might be servicable and increase the front court depth.
Like where we are and what the future might bring. The new Arenr the three game a should help with the recruiting.
Hopefully next year we will draw into a tournament. plus the games with Yale, Dartmouth, and St Bonaventure.
Wasn't this year the last of the St. Bonaventure series or has it renewed?

·
Premium Member
33,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,924
I don't see how we can not go for a big even though we had 3 pt shooting woes. We will be thin up front and one injury or med problem such as Davis's feet would really be a disaster. Don't think there's a choice unless there was a terrific guard too good to pass on. I think we have to hope that the 3 pt burden will be taken over by Smith, Shungu, Davis'Deloney and maybe Beckett and Demuth. On another note what a bonus Patella is and glad to see him getting more time. I'm not sure the impact of losing Everett will be as great as was thought with Patella coming on even if we don't get another small forward.
I'm basically approaching next year as "Into The Unknown (Frozen 2 voice)", but that being said I think we're going to have plenty of size next season for America East play. Let's be real, we added Giddens this season in the event we're matched up with a Florida State-type opponent if we make NCAAs.

I think we need more shooting/scoring for next year simply on the basis of our perimeter shooting woes on this year's team but also the amount of scoring/usage we lose when Lamb graduates. I'm not sure who I see on the current roster turning into a 12ppg-15ppg scorer on this team to Robin Stef's Batman.....maybe Powell? Davis?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Wasn't this year the last of the St. Bonaventure series or has it renewed?
This was the last year of the initial St. Bona series (first game in Rochester, second in Burlington, third in Olean). I'd be surprised if it's renewed, even though that'd be awesome because it was a pretty epic three-game series.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts
A couple UML updates: Darius Henderson transferring to Montana; URI guard Gregory Hammond transferring to UML.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Mitch Doherty has left UA program for personal reasons.

Not academic or basketball related but situation I'm told is quite serious.

Best of luck to him.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Binghamton guard Sam Sessoms has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN.

Averaged 19.4 PPG, 5.0 RPG and 4.8 APG. Second-team All-America East.

Not too surprised by this one but ouch for Binghamton and the league...
Man. Bummer for Bing. He contributed 28% of their offense this season. Hopefully Tinsley stays around.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts
Binghamton needs to wake up. You've had the last two rookies of the year and you can't even make the AE playoffs. Dempsey needs to go. Binghamton is a good job by AE standards. There is no reason they shouldn't be competing for playoff home games most years.

·
Premium Member
33,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,935
Only surprise here is Sessoms gave his sophomore year a go in Vestal.

Reactions: bosiydid

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts

@TravisBranham_

UMass Lowell junior point guard Jordyn Owens has entered the transfer portal, per source. Averaged 5.8 points, 1.7 rebounds and 3 assists this year.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts
Reactions: c00per
2921 - 2940 of 3111 Posts