Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2961 - 2980 of 3105 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I think it was mentioned here, but I've seen it elsewhere: Jonah Antonio is transferring from UNLV. Grad transfer, 1 year to play. Vermont had interest him during one of his previous transfers.

"Previous transfers" is really the reason why I'm bringing him up: provided he ends up anywhere but UNLV next season, he'll play each of his 4 years of eligibility at 4 different schools.

-FR: Mount St. Mary's
-SO: South Plains JC
-JR: UNLV
-SR: To Be Determined

(Also had a redshirt year at The Mount as a true freshman)

Impressive.

·
The People's Champ
700 Posts
a fourth school in 4 years? At what point do you go... maybe the school isn't the issue, and the player is? that's got to be a red flag isn't it?

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts

@JustinByerly

·
1h

Wake Forest transfer Mike Wynn has heard from Wichita State, Murray State, College of Charleston, George Mason, Albany and Towson since entering the transfer portal.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Missed this one from back on the 13th. I believe Vermont recruited him some back before he committed to Sacred Heart. Was a highly productive player in his time in the NEC.

@EvanDaniels

Sacred Heart’s E.J. Anosike will graduate and transfer, he tells
@247Sports
. Averaged 15.7 PPG and 11.6 RPG. |

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"By Wednesday night, Bertram had heard from five or six colleges. He had been recruited by Siena, Hofstra, Colgate, Binghamton and Niagara coming out of high school and “we’re hoping they’re still interested,” David Bertram said.

Because of school shutdowns to help mitigate the spread of coronavirus, Tyler Bertram isn’t sure whether he’ll be permitted to visit campuses. The ongoing unease and uncertainty makes it “likely” Bertram will choose a school he has already visited, either officially or unofficially. It’s important, he said, that he have “some familiarity” with the program he picks."

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow that’s a tough transfer.
Wonder if the multiple offers to JUCO guards is any factor....maybe the message is they want more than what Latimer could offer? I did think he offered a nice mix of athleticism, tenacity, decent shooting.....maybe they want a more reliable outside shot?

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
149 Posts
Latimer leaving does not surprise me at all. He went from All-Rookie Team, 11 points per game as a freshman starter to being benched in 7 of the final 11 games of this season - and he only started 4 in between because Elijah was hurt. Geno Ford essentially replaced him in the starting lineup with his freshman recruit, Tyler Stephenson-Moore.

Latimer had less than 5 points scored in 6 of his last 9 games. With the addition of Foreman and Olaniyi making huge strides with the three-ball, Latimer went from being the main outside threat on the team to the third option at best.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
Interesting transfer from a few days ago. Soph 6'7 Elias Valtonen started the season for ASU but eventually lost his starting job as the season went on. He's Finnish and a member of their national team. He's a career 50% 3 pt shooter (11-22). Might be worth exploring for teams in need of 3 pt shooting. An increased opportunity for playing time may be what he's looking for. The Northeast weather shouldn't deter him anyway.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Murphy is immediately eligible with two years to play. He will be plugged into the starting 4 spot immediately. Huge, huge addition for next year's team adding a potential all-league caliber player at the position with the most question marks. I think this puts Vermont right back into the driver's seat for next year (assuming we play).

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts
I'm not going to say it puts us in the driver's seat, but he has the size and skill set the team needs. A very good pickup, especially if it's for two years.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Murphy is immediately eligible with two years to play. He will be plugged into the starting 4 spot immediately. Huge, huge addition for next year's team adding a potential all-league caliber player at the position with the most question marks. I think this puts Vermont right back into the driver's seat for next year (assuming we play).
Only played 4 games this season. Red-shirt for injury?

2961 - 2980 of 3105 Posts