Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2981 - 3000 of 3111 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I don't recall hearing his name but he went to NMH. Did we pursuit him out of prep? He had some high major interest according to VC.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Murphy is immediately eligible with two years to play. He will be plugged into the starting 4 spot immediately. Huge, huge addition for next year's team adding a potential all-league caliber player at the position with the most question marks. I think this puts Vermont right back into the driver's seat for next year (assuming we play).
Definitely seems like a starter in the front court relative to other options there. Good size, hopefully will up the rebounding numbers. Looks like he scores at a high volume relative to minutes played.

Have to remember he put up solid but not spectacular numbers in a conference similar in level to ours, so I’m not sure it’s a panacea, but seems like a really nice addition in an area of need.

·
Registered
671 Posts
As much as I love the AE. The CAA is clearly more competitive conference year in and year out and too to bottom. He was also a contributor as a Freshman and Sophomore so getting him as an upperclassman is even better.

·
Premium Member
33,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,984
Saw Murphy play at NMH- was on teams with Kellan Grady from CM and now Davidson and Platek kid at UNC. Also saw him last year and this year at Northeastern. True post player unlike his two older brothers. Will likely be a candidate to start. Not sure what his ceiling is offensively but should help day 1 with rebounding, interior defense and toughness. Best basketball still ahead of him and has a really good pedigree from his mom & dad. Dad played at BC and I think for a minute in NBA too.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Congratulations. So frustrating as a UMBC fan that despite our recent success we can’t compete for similar players (geography aside).

·
Premium Member
33,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,986 (Edited)
Not AE related, but Harvard’s Seth Towns transferred to Ohio State over Duke. Can’t wait to see where Bryce Aiken ends up.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Should we change this to the Inbound/Outbound Transfer thread? I didn’t know where to put incoming so I posted the same Lowell news in the recruiting thread.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Should we change this to the Inbound/Outbound Transfer thread? I didn’t know where to put incoming so I posted the same Lowell news in the recruiting thread.
Considering this thread is 150 pages long, almost 11 years old, and one of the players in the original post just turned 30...we can allow both inbound and outbound transfer news here. :)

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,723 Posts
Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10

·
2h

Delaware, Georgia State, Bryant, Drexel, Northeastern and Stony Brook are among the schools involved for Manhattan transfer Christian Hinckson, a source tells
@RivalsPortal

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks like Oliyani is entering the draft but not signing with an agent (so he can return to school next year).

This seems like a weird year to “test the waters”, as teams probably aren’t really hosting prospects for workouts, are they?

He’s a big, fast, strong guard so maybe he’ll have a chance next year?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks like Oliyani is entering the draft but not signing with an agent (so he can return to school next year).

This seems like a weird year to “test the waters”, as teams probably aren’t really hosting prospects for workouts, are they?

He’s a big, fast, strong guard so maybe he’ll have a chance next year?
It doesn’t make a ton of sense of the surface but there’s also really zero downside. Not really unlike what Bell Haynes did. At least it gets your name in front of people.

2981 - 3000 of 3111 Posts