Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

3061 - 3080 of 3107 Posts

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
New Orleans transfer Gerrale Gates has de-committed from Albany & committed to Holy Cross #AbsoluteBasketball 2 Years of Eligibility Remaining Averaged 8.4 Points, 5.6 Boards, 2.0 Assists per Game last Season
This is what happens when you recruit him to play right away thinking in May NCAA will rubber stamp the transfer rule...and they come out and throw cold water on jt. Albany has zero inside, can't use a ship on a kid that has to sit.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Not that surprising. I think at some point you're going to see a lot more of these announcements with the foregone conclusion being there's not going to be a 2020-21 college basketball season. Starting to see this with top ranked HS players bypassing college and say they are entering G League/Turning pro.
I'll be shocked if Healy is with Albany after this season....he's ahead of schedule on his studies and has a skill that works in any league.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Sincere critique here of Healy. He shoots 36% from 3-point range in a low-20s conference. If he graduates and transfers up, I can't see how he's going to get much PT. Unless I'm missing something?

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Sincere critique here of Healy. He shoots 36% from 3-point range in a low-20s conference. If he graduates and transfers up, I can't see how he's going to get much PT. Unless I'm missing something?
He shot 42 percent from 3 as a freshman ..he proceeded this year in ooc to be equally as good ..in conference was badly injured with hip missed a bunch of games.

Make no mistake...that kid is an elite shooter...his true shooting percentages are very very good. Remains to be seen if he can return to norm if healed or if he can do other things to help a higher ranked team.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,714 Posts

Jon Rothstein

Source: Duquesne transfer Kellon Taylor has committed to Albany.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Jon Rothstein
Source: Duquesne transfer Kellon Taylor has committed to Albany.
Played both basketball and football at Duquesne. Looks like he exhausted his football eligibility this fall, but sat out the hoops season to retain one season of eligibility. Would guess he's immediately eligible as he's been in school 4 years.

·
Registered
447 Posts
...with the foregone conclusion being there's not going to be a 2020-21 college basketball season.
Why do you state this? At this point, I think this whole thing could go either direction. My son's college here in Colorado just re-opened their campus. Granted, it is in a part of the state that is not hard hit. Have there been announcements from any DI schools that their fall semester is going to be on-line only? I know Harvard said they were preparing for that, but have any steps beyond preparing for the worst been taken by any schools to anyone's knowledge? I am getting a bit sports-starved, and no basketball might push me over the edge (as if it is all about me).

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Why do you state this? At this point, I think this whole thing could go either direction. My son's college here in Colorado just re-opened their campus. Granted, it is in a part of the state that is not hard hit. Have there been announcements from any DI schools that their fall semester is going to be on-line only? I know Harvard said they were preparing for that, but have any steps beyond preparing for the worst been taken by any schools to anyone's knowledge? I am getting a bit sports-starved, and no basketball might push me over the edge (as if it is all about me).
Edit - started a new thread

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Maine might be able to actually make a move up the rankings this year. Seems like they took care of the PG spot, which was my big concern coming into this season.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,714 Posts

Jon Rothstein

Source: UMBC's Max Curran will graduate and transfer. Immediately eligible.

·
Registered
485 Posts
from UMBC website:
"
2018-19: Started the first 12 contests... Recorded third double-double with 16 points (career-high 8 fg) and 10 caroms in career-best 38 minutes vs. Air Force... Hit a career-best 8 field goals and scored a season-high 20 points (1 point shy of career high) vs. American... Suffered hand injury early in game vs. FGCU... Underwent successful season-ending surgery on February 11.

"

Hope he keep racking up caroms wherever he lands.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
It's unfortunate because I felt like Max was showing promise that season and then got injured. Then he wasn't quite himself before getting injured again the following season. Only playing about 20 games in two years must have been tough on him. I wish him nothing but the best.

3061 - 3080 of 3107 Posts