Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

3101 - 3120 of 3121 Posts

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Grad degree from Berkeley would be big deal if he maximizes the opportunity.

Otherwise, it's just getting hammered every game in the Pac-12.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Grad degree from Berkeley would be big deal if he maximizes the opportunity.

Otherwise, it's just getting hammered every game in the Pac-12.
Yeah would suck to move out to Berkley with free rent and amazing weather and prolly a grad degree that plugs you into the only viable economy left in the country.

I dunno. I loved that area. Id be happy to get hammered if I could live and eat for free there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any scenario where a player can transfer and red shirt 2020-21 while potentially playing “up” has to be more attractive than its ever been due to COVID-19 for obvious reasons.
Exactly my thought, take a year to get better, play a year in the ACC, coronavirus risk off the table. And get a masters degree in two years. Power move by Olyeani, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Realist/A-hole
5,732 Posts
Fear and paranoia are what need to go away. The virus isn't going anywhere anymore than the flu did.

Reactions: charliemike

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,113
Apparently Malachi de Sousa is transferring to Rider. Did we already know this?
I did not know this- but, I'll go ahead and speak for everyone when I can reasonably state that I miss the days when there would have been 30 posts on this subject!

Reactions: popolamma

·
Registered
351 Posts
I did not know this- but, I'll go ahead and speak for everyone when I can reasonably state that I miss the days when there would have been 30 posts on this subject!
It's certainly a major bummer. A year ago I was checking these forums religiously for scheduling updates and recruiting news. So bleak at the moment.

·
Gr8t Dane
711 Posts
Apparently Malachi de Sousa is transferring to Rider. Did we already know this?
We knew he was transferring, but we didn't know where until now. His spot on the UA roster was filled long ago.

Athletically gifted player. Didn't ever seem to gel with Will Brown's coaching style or the rosters that we have had. He will sit one, play 2. Sitting during COVID seems to be a great option anyway. Rider is not an upgrade, as many have them predicted as one of the worst teams in D1 this upcoming season. If they play run and gun he should get lots of playing time and he will excel. UA as a team will not miss him, UA fans will miss him though, and we will wish him well and much success.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Really strong perimeter defender and I was convinced that he was going to be a star at UA, but agreed that he needed a team that plays more in transition to succeed. The times where the situation allowed for him to play to his offensive strengths were really thrilling

All the best to him

·
Realist/A-hole
5,732 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I hadn't thought about a spring enrollment with immediate eligibility.

3101 - 3120 of 3121 Posts