Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

3241 - 3260 of 3368 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Something you don't see everyday - a player transfers back to the school they left: Kevin Marfo is Coming Back to Hamden — Here’s What it Means for the Bobcats

Marfo started at GW, then went to Quinnipiac where he led the nation in rebounding I think his junior year, then left for Texas A&M and found out the grass isn't greener in a diminished role, and with the blanket extra year, decided to come back to Quinnipiac.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,104 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Can't say I was expecting that. Hopefully he is successful.
People, St. John's was pretty decent this year (definitely could have been an NIT team but they turned it down), and add Smith to a grouping with Posh Alexander and Julian Champagnie and most their other returnees, maybe another transfer pickup and St. John's is a possible NCAA tourney team next year. The Big East honestly is the best fit for him to succeed and St. John's, and we'll get to see him on TV pretty frequently.

Just because UVM beat St. John's 2 years ago, doesn't mean like they're forever some crappy team. They won 10 Big East games this year!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
People, St. John's was pretty decent this year (definitely could have been an NIT team but they turned it down), and add Smith to a grouping with Posh Alexander and Julian Champagnie and most their other returnees, maybe another transfer pickup and St. John's is a possible NCAA tourney team next year. The Big East honestly is the best fit for him to succeed and St. John's, and we'll get to see him on TV pretty frequently.

Just because UVM beat St. John's 2 years ago, doesn't mean like they're forever some crappy team. They won 10 Big East games this year!!
Can't blame a guy for wanting to get some games at MSG and Barclay's. Plus, a lot closer to home than some of the other programs he was linked to. Good for Stef. Hope he thrives there until he meets UVM in the tourney.

·
Premium Member
33,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,250
Probably best combination of higher level and a place where he will still play 20mpg+ a game.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Mike Anderson pulling an Al Skinner circa 2007.
Did not expect a Joe Trapani reference on my Friday morning. Looking forward to next year's 5-12 matchup against the Johnnies. ;-). Sounds like a better fit than I initially thought as far as getting regular run against higher level competition and filling a need St. Johns has for shooters. Hopefully Stef's stroke returns to consistency next year, felt like this year at least he was going to go 0-5 from deep or 4-6 and you never really knew which type of day it was until after the fact.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Mike Anderson is doing a nice job there, and it looks like a fun system to play in. I’m happy he went Big East, selfishly so I can see more of the games.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Mike Anderson is doing a nice job there, and it looks like a fun system to play in. I’m happy he went Big East, selfishly so I can see more of the games.
I'm cautiously optimistic about St. Johns. Not sure I can root that hard for a Vermont transfer -- but at least he didn't come in from Albany...

·
Premium Member
33,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,257
Per Zach Braziller, Stef chose St. John’s over Colorado, Loyola Marymount, a Host of Others.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Two people to watch out for that UVM might have interest in from the transfer market are 6ft8in Jake Boggs, Sophomore from UNCW, and 6ft8in Nikola Djogo, RS Senior from Notre Dame. UVM coaches are looking at them and may be in contact already. Both guys have good range and shoot the 3 really well. For more proof: Look at who Coach Schneider recently just followed on Twitter...

3241 - 3260 of 3368 Posts