Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

321 - 340 of 2908 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
For those that can't get enough idle speculation from second and third hand unnamed sources during the offseason...

There is a discussion on one of the BYU discussion boards that former Binghamton big man Pina Guillaume is deciding between Utah State and BYU. He may have to play as a walk-on at BYU next season, though. Guillaume played this year at Blinn JC (with Dylan Talley) and looks like he averaged about 4 or 5 ppg and 4 rpg.

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=42437&page=2

·
Registered
71 Posts
For those that can't get enough idle speculation from second and third hand unnamed sources during the offseason...

There is a discussion on one of the BYU discussion boards that former Binghamton big man Pina Guillaume is deciding between Utah State and BYU. He may have to play as a walk-on at BYU next season, though. Guillaume played this year at Blinn JC (with Dylan Talley) and looks like he averaged about 4 or 5 ppg and 4 rpg.

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=42437&page=2
I hope he doesn't plan on premarital sex.

·
Registered
13,667 Posts
Tartt and Lindfors leave UA program, both seeking significantly more playing time.

This information was part of the release announcing a new six person recruiting class.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Pina Guillaume who played in 2009-10 for Binghamton and 2010-11 for Blinn JC appears to be headed for Maryland-Eastern Shore.

·
5,638 Posts
...may have been better off staying at Binghamton.
That may not be too far off. Frankie Allen is a good coach, and was seen as the biggest assistant catalyst during UMBC's championship year, but UMES basically gives no support to anything in the athletic department (or many other departments for that matter).

·
Premium Member
32,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
Former Twin Valley High School star Candon Rusin to transfer to Vermont?
Are you posing this as a question or asking for confirmation to a rumor you've heard?

I asked the question a few weeks ago (what his status was) with the idea that maybe there would be mutual interest between Rusin and Vermont. Now that we have two scholarships open entering 2011-12, Rusin would be a good addition IMO.

He did an admirable job in two seasons on a very, very bad Marist squad- and he has great outside shooting ability (although his % were down in his SO year) and I think he's pretty strong. I don't think he's someone I'd describe as a kind of "impact" transfer but he's certainly a kid that can play the game and brings a tangible skill-set that can always be used: shooting the basketball. I'd like to see this happen.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Didn't know if anyone else had heard the rumor. The kid knows how to score the basketball. He scored over 2000 points in high school and was on the MAAC All-Rookie team. I know he was a hell of a soccer player as well. Would be a good get IMO.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Are you posing this as a question or asking for confirmation to a rumor you've heard?

I asked the question a few weeks ago (what his status was) with the idea that maybe there would be mutual interest between Rusin and Vermont. Now that we have two scholarships open entering 2011-12, Rusin would be a good addition IMO.

He did an admirable job in two seasons on a very, very bad Marist squad- and he has great outside shooting ability (although his % were down in his SO year) and I think he's pretty strong. I don't think he's someone I'd describe as a kind of "impact" transfer but he's certainly a kid that can play the game and brings a tangible skill-set that can always be used: shooting the basketball. I'd like to see this happen.
Yeah, he wouldn't be an "impact transfer" in the traditional sphere of unchecked Internet hyperbole, where every transfer from anywhere is immediately your best player. But I think he would make an impact in that he would immediately be in the top 7-8 players in the rotation. I think being surrounded by better talent at Vermont than he was at Marist, he'd play fewer...but more effective minutes. He'd certainly be used to the competition level, coming from the comparable MAAC. And yeah, his strong suit at this point seems to be perimeter offense...which we can't have too much of. He has definitely thrived in his first 2 seasons more than I had expected him to. Would definitely be happy if he ended up here.

321 - 340 of 2908 Posts