Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

341 - 360 of 2908 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Didn't know if anyone else had heard the rumor. The kid knows how to score the basketball. He scored over 2000 points in high school and was on the MAAC All-Rookie team. I know he was a hell of a soccer player as well. Would be a good get IMO.
Yeah, I heard it after I posted.

It's some good news- I think he's a good addition.

·
Premium Member
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #343 (Edited)
Yeah, he wouldn't be an "impact transfer" in the traditional sphere of unchecked Internet hyperbole, where every transfer from anywhere is immediately your best player. But I think he would make an impact in that he would immediately be in the top 7-8 players in the rotation. I think being surrounded by better talent at Vermont than he was at Marist, he'd play fewer...but more effective minutes. He'd certainly be used to the competition level, coming from the comparable MAAC. And yeah, his strong suit at this point seems to be perimeter offense...which we can't have too much of. He has definitely thrived in his first 2 seasons more than I had expected him to. Would definitely be happy if he ended up here.
Agreed- my sentiments exactly.

Yeah- he's not going to be an "impact" transfer in the sense that he's going to be coming into an obvious starting situation the way our last two transfers have- MoJo and Glass- although both were up/down their first eligible years at UVM and eventually spent some time coming off the bench- but still saw a lot of time. And to be clear when I say impact- I mean impact our team and not the entire league, which gets misconstrued typically, although MoJo was able to do both by the time he was a senior by becoming an all-conference player.

By the time Rusin is eligible, Bald will be a Sr., Carissimo a Jr., and McGlynn will be a So. All those guys play guard so hopefully that will give us some nice depth at that position w/ Rusin as well (assuming everyone is around by then).

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
It's only true if Radio Free Burlington says it is. Please read the rulebook.

That being said, I've heard the same thing. But our sources suck, so he'll probably wind up at Holy Cross.
According to Burlington Bob's understudy, posting rumors is no longer allowed.

You MUST identify yourself, what radio station or media outlet you work for and name your sources before you are allowed to post any informed speculation here.

Didn't you get the memo?

·
Registered
773 Posts
NU: Is Chambers still not on the list at Penn St?

Just checking. Kthanx. Keep up the good work.

If Russin ends up at UVM, I'll file this under "the sun shines on the backside of a dogs ass, every now and then."

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
NU: Is Chambers still not on the list at Penn St?

Just checking. Kthanx. Keep up the good work.

If Russin ends up at UVM, I'll file this under "the sun shines on the backside of a dogs ass, every now and then."
Nope, he's not on the preliminary list.

Keep up the good work yourself. You're doing the likes of Gennady Seleznyov proud.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nope, he's not on the preliminary list.

Keep up the good work yourself. You're doing the likes of Gennady Seleznyov proud.
I love the "after the facts blow up in my face" qualifying words.

"preliminary" list, now. "I wasn't.... WRONG....."

"current" players. "again... I wasn't... WRONG..."

No. Actually you are wrong. Stop re-writing your own dead-wrong past.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's a little update on some old friends at Drake per Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports -

- Returning starters Seth VanDeest (shoulder surgery) and Jordan Clarke (knee), as well as key reserve Frank Wiseler (illness), did not suit up at all on the trip.

- Kraidon Woods – a former Villanova commit, Arizona State signee and Binghamton transfer – did not travel with the team due to disciplinary reasons. “We had an agreement,” Phelps said. “And he was on-course before falling off at the end. But I had to stick with my word. It should be a wake-up call for him.”

Can't say I'm surprised AT ALL by either. Clarke and his knees and Kraidon Woods being Kraidon Woods. I'd have to think Drake knew what they were getting in both cases. Don't really feel sorry for them.

http://college-basketball-blog.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/26283066

·
Premium Member
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Here's a little update on some old friends at Drake per Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports -

- Returning starters Seth VanDeest (shoulder surgery) and Jordan Clarke (knee), as well as key reserve Frank Wiseler (illness), did not suit up at all on the trip.

- Kraidon Woods – a former Villanova commit, Arizona State signee and Binghamton transfer – did not travel with the team due to disciplinary reasons. “We had an agreement,” Phelps said. “And he was on-course before falling off at the end. But I had to stick with my word. It should be a wake-up call for him.”

Can't say I'm surprised AT ALL by either. Clarke and his knees and Kraidon Woods being Kraidon Woods. I'd have to think Drake knew what they were getting in both cases. Don't really feel sorry for them.

http://college-basketball-blog.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/26283066

In the case of Clarke, if you mean by not being sorry for bringing on a kid that's been chronically injured his entire career.... then yeah, I guess they should have been more careful.

Jordan Clarke has never been healthy for a full season playing basketball since High School (Osgood Slaughters Disease/torn patellar tendon)- where he suffered a real, real serious injury. I don't think we're ever going to see the Jordan Clarke ever become the basketball player he maybe could have been due to injuries.

He was off to a solid start last season then screwed up his elbow but still played last year with torn ligaments in his elbow. Imagine playing basketball with basically one arm?

http://www.ongo.com/v/329634/-1/35BE7EB22525079C/drake-mens-basketball-jordan-clarke-contributes-despite-injury

That said, I'm sure he's going to be successful with or without basketball- he's a bright kid.

·
Premium Member
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #354 (Edited)
You guys remember Sal Abdo, G from St. Marks that was on UNH for like a week before he quit? He came in at the same time as Tyrone Conley & Alvin Abreu, as well as Gilchrist, and Santos.

Anyways, look like he transferred to play at a D3 school Trinity in CT, where surprisingly he didn't really do all that much scoring wise (averaged about 7ppg in both seasons) but now he's going to be a grad student walk-on for BC this season:

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/abdo_salah00.html

·
Premium Member
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
I am happy that (for once) the outbound transfers thread was relatively quiet this summer.
Agree- and big reason why is Vermont and BU were pretty fortunate that they combined for 0 transfers despite head coaching changes. If someone would have told me there would be 0 transfers out of both schools after the coaching changes I would have said no way not a chance.

There were a couple transfers here and there, but I don't think any key players transferred out form anyone around the league.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Don't know if it has been posted already or not, but Malik Alvin is at Division-II Shaw University.
Apparently Corey Chandler's time at Texas Southern didn't last long either (even if Marc Hsu was and is still there and available for writing papers, bail money and transportation services...)

Corey Chandler will be suiting up for Division III William Paterson College (New Jersey) this season. Joining him there will be former Fordham, former Quinnipiac forward Lance Brown.

341 - 360 of 2908 Posts