Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
3881 - 3900 of 4019 Posts

· Registered
3,440 Posts
Syracuse is upgrading. They just got a five star transfer guard from Notre Dame, and people think Judah Mintz is coming back. Girard hasn't announced. I'm not convinced Pride gets in their rotation, but maybe he does. Maybe, PT is secondary, and Pride just wants the big time experience. Or maybe it has something to do with academics.
I just saw this too. This is deeply irresponsible and embarrassing behavior, all because you dislike a school. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

· Registered
800 Posts
I hate the portal. I get the portal. I get kids should have the freedom to move to another school without sitting out a year. But, nonetheless, I hate the portal. I yearn for the 'old' days when kids out of HS committed to a school and you (as a fan) were pretty certain they would be there for 4 years and you could watch them grow and evolve over that span. Call me a caveman if you will.

I also will be glad when the extra Covid year has worked its way into non-existence. Granted, it has been great for UVM, but I just want to get back to normal.

Stepping off the soapbox now and trudging my way, with club dragging behind me, back to the cave......

· Registered
79 Posts
I hate the portal. I get the portal. I get kids should have the freedom to move to another school without sitting out a year. But, nonetheless, I hate the portal. I yearn for the 'old' days when kids out of HS committed to a school and you (as a fan) were pretty certain they would be there for 4 years and you could watch them grow and evolve over that span. Call me a caveman if you will.

I also will be glad when the extra Covid year has worked its way into non-existence. Granted, it was been great for UVM, but I just want to get back to normal.

Stepping off the soapbox now and trudging my way, with club dragging behind me, back to the cave......
Man, I'm afraid to ask your stance on NIL deals, but here I go anyway...

· Registered
800 Posts
Surprisingly I don't care so much about NIL. Maybe I should. It, in my opinion, clearly gives large schools with big donor bases an advantage over everyone else. But if someone is willing to throw money at a kid to play, then I say take it. Sports are pretty much out of control anyways, and this is just an extension of that.

· Registered
3,440 Posts
He might want to pursue a program that Bryant does not have, similar to what Stef Smith did. Why do you assume the worst?
Why did YOU make the assumptions you did with regard to Bryant and Pride's transfer? You and plenty of others have been derogatory toward that program. So, how do you actually expect anyone to assume otherwise with your general attitude toward that school?

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Just when I think you can't get any stupider. Buddy, UVM doesn't need him and will get along just fine without him. Let him try and portal into some D1 and if he goes out and "gets his" then report back to me what that team's record was...and whether he's in the portal next year. It's pretty clear what he's after and UVM ain't the place that's gonna give it to him. Move on.
We never saw much of Guillory. he was a freshman who barely cracked the rotation. How do you know there’s nothing there? He had good positioning and cuts to the basket. Becker himself said guillory was “the future of vermont basketball”. We could use a big physical guard who has an offensive toolkit. As for the comments i have No idea what you’re talking about and I’m guessing it’s something a 19 year old said in the heat of the moment on social media. I won’t give that attention.

· Registered
3,440 Posts
We never saw much of Guillory. he was a freshman who barely cracked the rotation. How do you know there’s nothing there? He had good positioning and cuts to the basket. Becker himself said guillory was “the future of vermont basketball”. We could use a big physical guard who has an offensive toolkit. As for the comments i have No idea what you’re talking about and I’m guessing it’s something a 19 year old said in the heat of the moment on social media. I won’t give that attention.
Evan Guillorys literally grow on trees. There are probably 100 versions of the guard you describe in the transfer portal and likely better ones that fit UVM. Also, he doesn't want to be here, that's abundantly clear. Move on.

· Registered
93 Posts
Im not sure that Evan wasnt shown the door. And from what I understand it’s mutually beneficial.

· Registered
79 Posts
Evan Guillorys literally grow on trees. There are probably 100 versions of the guard you describe in the transfer portal and likely better ones that fit UVM. Also, he doesn't want to be here, that's abundantly clear. Move on.
FWIW, props to Evan Guillory for using the portal to his benefit. To Catpower’s point, the fact that he transferred to a D2 school is evidence that there are plenty of other players with his skill set. But again, props to him for rolling with the punches and performing well at the D2 level (12/6/2 on a 21-9 team). I’m very curious to see what sort of looks he gets - hoping all the best for his future but it won’t be at Vermont.

· Premium Member
35,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,896 ·
I mean, that's terrible and I obviously feel sympathy for the diehard Albany faith- BEAGLE TO UVM GET IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
4,975 Posts
Beagle is likely going A-10 or maybe even low BE. If Killings DOES go to Villanova, I would not be surprised if he goes there. Would be a bad choice...he'd be a role guy...but who knows.

There is NO WAY Killings survives this...and I fully expect Neely goes next. Neely can go to UCF, USF, FIU, FAU, FGCU, etc and do well.

· Registered
14,466 Posts
I mean, that's terrible and I obviously feel sympathy for the diehard Albany faith- BEAGLE TO UVM GET IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be absolute torture...not sure I could live this down for 3 years. With that being said, I think he goes higher!

· Premium Member
35,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,900 ·
Would probably keep an eye on where Hamlet Tibbs ends up after Notre Dame....

3881 - 3900 of 4019 Posts