Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Outbound Transfers Catch-All Thread

624K views 4K replies 197 participants last post by  UVM Hoop Cat 
#1 ·
Jordan Clarke is headed to Drake and the Jake O'Brien situation has it's own thread and is pretty up to date, so I figured I'd start a random catch-all thread for the other outbound AE transfers.

I am particularly interested in Socoby and Raffa. Have either found new homes yet? I know Raffa was given some limitations as to where he can go, is that still the case? Is Socoby definitely gone from Maine and where would he go for one more season?

Are there any other transfers that we have forgotten?

#3 ·
I know Raffa was given some limitations as to where he can go - UVM HC
I heard all the limitations were lifted but none of those limitations were to Higher Level schools (A10, BE etc.) who he thought were going to be hot after him. Another kid who got bad advice or chose not to take good advice.

I heard "Q" has a few schollies left other then that its JC or pay his own way for a year to go to a school that has no schollies available.

#7 ·
bosiydid said:
Not a whole lot of takers for Raffa, I've heard he might go to Q but nothing confirmed.
I heard "Q" has a few schollies left other then that its JC or pay his own way for a year to go to a school that has no schollies available.
Not sure Q has any spots left. They just announced 2 more signings (and had 2 early signings), and this doesn't include Baskin who is waiting for his SATs.

Hamden, CT -- Quinnipiac University Men’s Basketball Head Coach Tom Moore has announced that two more recruits have signed with Quinnipiac for the 2009-10 season. Deontay Twyman (Olney, Md.) and Ryan Bogdan (Mt. Pleasant, S.C.) will join Jamee Jackson (Irvington, N.J.) and Dave Johnson (Howell, N.J.), who signed with the Bobcats in the fall, in Moore’s second full recruiting class.
http://www.northeastconference.org/News/mbball/2009/6/4/mbb-qurecruits09.asp?path=mbball

#8 ·
That's an awful move by Socoby; I just don’t see Socoby having too many D1 places to play at??? And I am very certain Campbell will be heading back to the West coast to play his finally three years, either at some D2 school? Don't you see Raffa playing in either the MAAC or NEC? A bit odd, there’s been no type of news of where they will be transferring too? Last item, as per College Hoops Update, they show Ex-UMASS player Travon Wilcher, heading over to Maine.

http://collegehoopsupdate.com/html/transfer_search_result.php?Type=1&year=2009-10&submit=Find

#9 ·
#11 ·
Speculation has been that Socoby is going to a lower division. Most people I've talked to are guessing he stays in Maine.

My money is on Husson University, D-III, where he would probably put up 30 a game and play in the NCAA tournament. Two things he would not do at Maine. Husson is a decent degree these days too.

Other in state options? Colby, Bates and Bowdoin as institutions would not take an incoming senior as a transfer. You aren't getting a $160,000 degree that easily. Maine Maritime is similar. USM is out there (Jamaal Caterina anyone?) but I don't think Socoby has many Portland area connections, so why bother? Long shot, how about UM Presque Isle? He's originally from the County, transferred to Bangor High for 2 years after 2 years at Houlton High. A bit of a homecoming?

#16 ·
I think he was a prime example of a kid who should have gone to prep school. He blew out his knee in a pick up game before his senior year of high school, and obviously that will evaporate options in a hurry. A year at MCI, and Maine's offer would still have been there, and maybe St. Joe's, etc. would have too. Plus, it would be about the only time in his basketball career that he wasn't expected to be "the man."

#27 ·
Times-Union reports:

Quinnipiac of the Northeast Conference is among the schools showing interest in former University at Albany guard Anthony Raffa, a source close to the situation confirmed Friday.

Raffa has yet to commit to Quinnipiac, however.

Rider, Long Island, St. Peter’s and some junior colleges are also in the running for Raffa, who decided to transfer out of UAlbany following an injury-plagued freshman season.

Jeff Goodman of Fox Sports first mentioned on his blog that Quinnipiac was a potential destination for Raffa, which makes sense because Eric Eaton, who recruited Raffa at UAlbany, is now a Quinnipiac assistant.

Raffa’s father said in March the release granted by UAlbany prohibited his son from talking to any America East, Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, or Northeast Conference schools.

But Quinnipiac and Long Island are in the NEC and Rider and St. Peter’s belong to the MAAC, so apparently something has changed.

#28 ·
Raffa’s father said in March the release granted by UAlbany prohibited his son from talking to any America East, Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, or Northeast Conference schools.

But Quinnipiac and Long Island are in the NEC and Rider and St. Peter’s belong to the MAAC, so apparently something has changed. - from Aceinthehole's post
This is why you shouldn't believe everything you hear!!!! :wtf:

Even from so called reliable sources :basel: like me :lol: :king: :lol:

From what I heard - Raffa is free to go anywhere - he probably ( :stupid:) wouldn't go AE because he would have to sit 2 years. :puke::wiz::puke:

:10::whiteflag::10:​

#29 ·
Raffa interestingly enough ended up at Coastal Carolina.

But how about some updates?

Lazar Trifunovic has yet to play in a game for Radford.... is he hurt?

Kyle Robbins had a double-double (12 pts, 13 reb) in his first game for Illinois-Chicago. They're playing Central Michigan tonight.

In two games for B.C. Joe Trapani is averaging 12ppg and 7.5 rpg.

Corey Hassan is ripping it up for Sacred Heard. In two games he is averaging 25.5 ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg and 1 spg. He we off for 30 against Yale and then 21 against Layfayette.

Will Creekmore scored 4 points in Missouri State's first game against Auburn.

In two games at Alaska Anchorage (DII) Malcolm Campbell is the teams leading scorer averaging 14.5 ppg to go along with 8 rpg and 2 bpg.

And for UNH's transfer roundup...

Arin Dunn has played 10 minutes in two games for Colorado State.

Bran Zeko had a double-double (22 points,12 rebounds) in D2 Saint Anselm's first game.

In Division 3 Wentworth's first game of the season, Sam Herrick scored 11 points to go with 8 rebounds. On the same team is former Wildcat walk-on Matt Abbot, he scored 17 to go along with 9 rebounds.

Rony Tchatchoua is playing for D2 Grand Canyon, but they don't update their stats.

Abby Kabba played 20 minutes for D2 Abilene and scored 2 points with 2 rebounds.

#34 · (Edited)
If you look at his picture though on the Illinois-Chicago website, the kid is absolutely humongous. He literally looked nothing like that and at least half that size when he was at UVM.

Talk about a transformation.

Edit: He was listed at 245lbs when he was at UVM and is now 270

#36 ·
Not really a transfer because he never enrolled, but one-time Hartford committ Jarrid Famous has been scoring in double figures for South Florida.

#39 ·
#41 · (Edited)
Wow, that's disappointing. He wasn't a bad player. Could have been a real nice secondary player. Hadn't seen anything on the boards but D.J. Rivera is also on the list. Interesting to see where he ends up. Corey Chandler is also listed.

#42 ·
Goodman has Chandler and Rivera's classes reversed- Chandler will be a Jr. and Rivera a Sr.

It will be interesting to see if Rivera ends up somewhere for a year- I'm guessing he does, given the nature of college basketball.

#43 ·
McBride hasn't played a minute since early December for South Carolina State. Still listed on the roster, but can't find anything that says he's injured or what the story is.

Trifunovic averaging nearly a double-double for Radford -- 13.9 ppg and 8.5 rpg -- but the Highlanders have been a disappointment at 17-11.

#44 ·