Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this make anyone else's day. The NBA has finally woken up and found artists that apeal to the youth culture of today. I have no problem with trying to apeal to the "older" culture too, but seriously letting Meatlof perform at last years game? Somethign is just wrong with that.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Andre 3000 is the man.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>A.W.#8</b>!
I hope they perform a song other than Heya, or Way you Move. They got so much better ****, than that.
They are performing only both of those 2 :laugh:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Outkast perform The Whole World and Ms Jackson.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
And Chris Andersen will be in the dunk contest so that wipes out the positive of Outkast performing.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>A.W.#8</b>!
I hope they perform a song other than Heya
Except that "Hey Ya" seems perfectly in tune with the spirit and atmosphere of the All-Star weekend festivities.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

Except that "Hey Ya" seems perfectly in tune with the spirit and atmosphere of the All-Star weekend festivities.
Got to agree on this, "Hey Ya" would seem to make perfect sense to me. It wouldn't surprise me to see it used in commercials advertising the event as well.

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Re: will dre be there?

Originally posted by <b>DJRaz</b>!
is it gonna be big boi and dre? there's persistent rumors that dre won't be performing any more so i wonder if he's confirmed to be there.
OutKast, the Atlanta-based hip-hop duo that earned six Grammy nominations last month and whose album "Speakerboxxx-The Love Below" is the top-selling album in the country, will perform "Hey Ya" and "The Way You Move" as part of the player introductions.
I guess they will both be there.....

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Andre 3000 is a good artist.

But...Andre 3000 gets all the play in that band. They should just call it Outkast 3000. Big Boi needs to get some more play. To some people it might seem like Andre 3000 is Outkast(which he might basically might be).

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Big Boi is waaaaaay better then Andre 3000. Hey ya is on Andre's The Love Below but all the other good songs are on Speakerboxx with Big Boi.

And BigAmare what's the problem with Chris Anderson in the dunk comp? Is he too white for you?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Originally posted by <b>denis</b>!
50 cent would be better:yes:
I agree, IF the NBA wanted to turn this into another, "I got shot nine times, forget the fact that I have no talent" show. I don't think they wanna do that. If 50 cent performs, I'm boycotting the All-star game and festivities. All of it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree, IF the NBA wanted to turn this into another, "I got shot nine times, forget the fact that I have no talent" show. I don't think they wanna do that. If 50 cent performs, I'm boycotting the All-star game and festivities. All of it.
at least the blazers would like it:laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts