Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, Lebron is by far the most important piece of the puzzle but several Cavs are playing well:

http://www.knickerblogger.net/stats/2006/jh_ALL_PER.htm

So are in terms of PER:
Number 1 overall: Lebron
Number 13 overall: Gooden (surprise, surprise - I suggest we start thinking of locking him up before FA hits)
Number 30 overall: Z
Number 62 overall: Hughes (this is a bit dissappointing - I think this is most likely due to his initial slow start)
Number 80 overall: Marshall

So 5 players in the top 100 with the top player so far in overall production. We'll see if we can keep this up as the season progresses and the schedule gets tougher. I do think Hughes will start rapidly moving on up

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a look at the +/- numbers as well:

<table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#efefef"><td bgcolor="#33cc33"><center>Player</center></td> <td><center>On Court
+/-
</center></td> <td><center>Off Court
+/-
</center></td> <td><center>Team Net
+/-
</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> James</td> <td><center> +13.5</center></td> <td><center> -3.0</center></td> <td><center> +16.5</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Marshall</td> <td><center> +16.3</center></td> <td><center> +3.5</center></td> <td><center> +12.9</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Jones</td> <td><center> +13.3</center></td> <td><center> +6.9</center></td> <td><center> +6.4</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Jackson</td> <td><center> +10.5</center></td> <td><center> +9.9</center></td> <td><center> +0.6</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Hughes</td> <td><center> +9.8</center></td> <td><center> +10.6</center></td> <td><center> -0.7</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Henderson</td> <td><center> +9.4</center></td> <td><center> +10.2</center></td> <td><center> -0.9</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Ilgauskas</td> <td><center> +8.8</center></td> <td><center> +11.9</center></td> <td><center> -3.1</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Gooden</td> <td><center> +8.7</center></td> <td><center> +12.0</center></td> <td><center> -3.3</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Snow</td> <td><center> +7.0</center></td> <td><center> +13.8</center></td> <td><center> -6.9</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Hamilton</td> <td><center> -3.7</center></td> <td><center> +10.7</center></td> <td><center> -14.4</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Pavlovic</td> <td><center> -4.1</center></td> <td><center> +11.8</center></td> <td><center> -15.9</center></td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td align="left"> Wilks</td> <td><center> -11.5</center></td> <td><center> +12.1</center></td> <td><center> -23.6</center></td></tr></tbody> </table>
http://www.82games.com/0506/0506CLE.HTM

James at the top again: no surprise to anyone who follows the Cavs.

Still shows that team plays better with Jones in there then Snow and that there is very little drop off when Jackson is in the game. Hopefully Luke will start shooting a bit more and get his +/- up even further

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Gooden is a beast. I really hope they resign him because he is a real nice player. He is gonna get some attention from other teams if he keeps playing like this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Do u guys think that the Cavs will be in the top ten this year?? :biggrin:

:topic:

·
Registered
82 Posts
The forward tandem of LBJ and Gooden are as good as any in the game and Gooden's getting nearly 10 boards per game though not getting 30 mpg. that is impressive. Zyd impressive if not world beating at pivot but the only issue to me is Snow/Jones. Snow's figures are rubbish frankly and it mirrors his play and unfortunately D Jones - who I rated last year - is worse. On paper a hughes, Jones tandem at guard looks good but either Snow or Jones have to up it. Otherwise the rest of the starters are doing well.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
Yeah we are strong at every position except the PG. Man almost every team in the league has a better starting PG than us when you think about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts