Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"If they want me to go for the title, I'm going to be ready for that. If they don't, I'm also going to be ready."

But eventually, Overeem insists he's going to get his shot at the belt. As the "most tested athlete on the planet," Overeem said he's taking every precaution to ensure he doesn't ever again fall outside of required commission guidelines, and he knows his time with Dos Santos is coming soon. And when that matchup is rescheduled, Overeem said the champ's words will do little to protect his chin.

"He can talk all he wants," Overeem said. "I know he's very happy that fight didn't happen, and I know he's afraid to fight me. He also knows that I'm the biggest threat out there to him. He knows when he fights me, there's no escape from it.

"He's going to hit and run, or he's going to go down. Either way, he's going to leave that octagon a loser."
http://mmajunkie.com/news/29580/ali...p-junior-dos-santos-is-afraid-to-fight-me.mma

After that big-time failed drug test, I don't think Reem will get a crack at the belt anytime soon.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's funny is he's talking as if this fight is set in stone. The guy is still suspended, and it's clear cut that JDS and Cain are fighting again.

·
Registered
414 Posts
how can you ever believe this guy will ever be clean. even if he tests positive its so obvious that he's on something. the thing is he really does have the talent to beat any heavweight including Cigano beat even if he does it'll look tainted.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts