Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a friend who is in his senior year in HS. He is a 6'1" PG with good court awareness, can shoot, decent handles, and works his butt off because he is determined to make it to the League somehow. Even though he is one of the best in our area the coach doesn't give him enough PT because he wants to play ALL his seniors no matter how good they are.

My question: do you think that since he might not get recruited by a D-1 college for basketball, out of HS a)should he go overseas and make a name for himself and try to get drafted b)should he go to school and try to walk-on?

Which route do you think would work best? Why?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
There are lot's of nationally hoop's recognized JUCO option's for him.. To be honest wit ya.. There are way better player's, than a him playing oversea's right now.. D-1 isn't the only way for him to make a name for himself if he's a quality baller!

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Go into a entirely different culture, live alone for the first time and it is in a different part of the world, where they may or may bot speak English.

And if D1 schools are not looking at him he should obviously go to schools that are looking at him. But if no school is looking at him, then I doubt a Pro Foreign team would want him either.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
go to a school he likes and get a degree, if he can walk on do so. if he's any good they'll give him a chance.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I would go to a JUCO, but I would try to go to a Prep School first where I could play basketball. That way you get the chance to prove yourself to coaches that you were underrecruited during your HS years. If that doesn't work than go to JUCO, where they have all types of showcases for JUCO talent.

That would be the way to go. If he is qualified for college out of HS he can always go to a 4 year school after one year, because he filled all the requirements before enrolling in JUCO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts