Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a Big 12 NBA prospects thread, so I decided to start one for the Pac 10.

There are some intriguing athletic wings in this conference. Oregon’s Luke Jackson, Stanford’s Josh Childress, and Arizona’s Andre Iguodala stand out the most as NBA prospects. Jackson has what you want in a typical small forward and knows how to score at will. Many will consider him to be the best player in the Pac 10, but that’s arguable. Childress is a great all around player who is fundamentally sound, giving you scoring and rebounding. I’m kind of biased when I talk about Childress because I’m such a big fan of his. The thing that stands out about Iguodala is his athleticism. He can flat out soar and is also a great player all around. Arizona’s Hassan Adams and UCLA’s Dijon Thompson and Trevor Ariza are also swingmen that have NBA potential.

In terms of point guards and post players, the names that stand out to me are WSU’s Marcus Moore, UCLA’s Cedric Bozeman, Arizona’s Mustafa Shakur, ASU’s Ike Diogu and Cal’s Leon Powe. Bozeman has great size and decent handle for a PG, but can get very inconsistent. Shakur’s only a freshman, but I think he’s pretty good and has capabilities of playing the NBA point. Diogu and Powe are both undersized PFs, but are still great players. Diogu has great hands and nice post moves, but sometimes has bad shot selection. Powe is Cal’s heralded freshman and has mainly lived up to his hype. Both are good prospects IMO.

Who do you guys think the NBA prospects in the Pac 10 are?

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Leon Powe is going to be simply amazing. He is going to dominate the Pac-10 post men, like he is doing this year.

Mustafa will be UAs nest in the line of great PGs. Also next in the line of Lottery Pgs.

Iguodala will be UAs best player in the NBA in a few years. Slightly better then Gilbert Arenas.

Cildress is going to be a star in the NBA. He just simply makes all the plays, plus he can do anything you ask of him on the floor.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have to add;

Ayinde ubake, PG Cal ( top 5 Frosh PG)
Aaron Brooks, PG OR, (also top 5 frosh PG, who like to break hand punching things)
Amit Tamir, F Cal (needs to get his shooting touch back)
Ike Digou, F ASU (His 3-pt.range seperates him from past similar pac-10 players and may be able to elevate him to a slight upgrade of, say - Malik Rose).

Of other unmentioned (so far) players, watch for Chris Rogers of UA to be the flavor of next year. He'll soon go "off".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts