Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Anyone else excited to bring in Rakeem Christmas and Glenn Robinson III? I doubt either will see any playing time next season, but it's nice having some marginal prospects on this team (Young, Turner, Solo, Whittington). Hopefully some of them turn into rotation players down the line.

I'm not sure this team has ever had a GM as active as Kevin Pritchard. On one hand, it's going to be a strange year with all the turnover, but I doube anyone could have handled the post-Hibbert/West debacle better. I still feel like we need a vet on the roster, sort of like Rasual Butler from 2013. Our oldest players are in the 28-30 range, and I'm not sure how much of a leader Monta Ellis is.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Anyone else excited to bring in Rakeem Christmas and Glenn Robinson III? I doubt either will see any playing time next season, but it's nice having some marginal prospects on this team (Young, Turner, Solo, Whittington). Hopefully some of them turn into rotation players down the line.

I'm not sure this team has ever had a GM as active as Kevin Pritchard. On one hand, it's going to be a strange year with all the turnover, but I doube anyone could have handled the post-Hibbert/West debacle better. I still feel like we need a vet on the roster, sort of like Rasual Butler from 2013. Our oldest players are in the 28-30 range, and I'm not sure how much of a leader Monta Ellis is.
I wanted Robinson III at the draft, and we got Christmas for cheap so I agree there's a lot to like about those moves. Also, with us picking up a D-League team we could let some of the young kids get some seasoning down there before trying to throw them on the roster full time.

·
51,454 Posts

"I’m not too thrilled about it, but I told them I’m open to the situation. I’m open to the change, so we’ll see how it goes. We’ll see how it goes during training camp."

"Because that’s what I am (a small forward), I pride myself on being a ballplayer first and foremost. But there’s a difference playing the four, and I know that’s the way the league is going, having stretch fours and perimeter-oriented big men, but those guys have been doing that for years and have size on me and strength on me. So it’s gonna be an adjustment. And I’m just used to being at the three, and that’s what made me special is just being able to guard perimeter guys."
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snh7ku

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
This will not end well
Worst-case scenario, this ends up like the Oladipo-PG experiment in Orlando. It's a failure, but a good growing experience. It'll help Paul diversify his game some more and play the 4 in spot minutes during the game.

And yes, I'm ignoring the actual worst-case scenario, which is George demanding a trade to the Lakers for Nick Young and Jordan Clarkson.

I still think it's a good idea for 8-10 minutes per game, but we should be starting Jordan Hill or Lavoy Allen.

...this is going to be a rough season.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts