Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird hopes Paul George can return to the game this season after breaking his leg in a gruesome accident last summer -- perhaps as soon as next month.

Bird told reporters Tuesday that if George is cleared by doctors and ready to play, he would like to see the two-time All-Star compete.

"It seems like every week Paul is getting better and better," Bird said. "So if we do have an opportunity to get into the playoffs and [George] can get some games under his belt and get ready to go next year ... I always say if a player is ready to play, they gotta play.

"We're not going to hold him back if he's able to go out there and play. When you're out like that, you lose something. ... I still think it's important if he's able to play, he should be out there."

Even George got in the act, taking to Twitter on Tuesday to possibly refer to a target date for his return.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12273379/indiana-pacers-president-larry-bird-hopes-paul-george-return-season

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Supposedly mid march. I don't like it.

If that's the case and we're going to try to make the playoffs, may as well trade the pick for Dragic at this point and run 2 guards in Hill and Dragic and hope bringing back George is enough to go on another run.

·
51,478 Posts
Paul George targeting March return
Paul George spent time Friday afternoon taking care of business in New York City, but getting back on the court was on his mind.

"There's no exact timetable for my return," George told ESPN.com from Jay Z's 40/40 Club, where he had a public design session with New Era Cap to finalize his new logo and work on a collection of hats for the company. "I have targeted March 1 as the date that I would go 100 percent in practice, and if everything felt good, I'd give myself another two weeks to get in shape to play in a game."

George said he still has a long way to go but "the best part is feeling like a basketball player again."

"The biggest fear I have is injuring my
healthy leg because I'm so used to it being the stronger one and I don't want to overcompensate for it," George said. "I got a rod in my other one, so that's stronger than it was before."

George broke his right leg in a gruesome injury in the fourth quarter of a Team USA scrimmage Aug. 1 in Las Vegas. Doctors who did not personally examine George originally told the media that the recovery time was between 12 and 18 months.​

Paul George's new "PG-13" logo was finalized Friday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts