Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3-2 if we win the pacers game on the road trip isnt to bad but it really makes our breaks us. We can get a bit of momentum heading into a few home game(s) But if we dont make it o well because personally im kinda exicted for a lotto pick but playoffs are good 2. Were 1.5 back meaning this game if we loose we will probaly go 2 games back maybe 2.5. BIG GAME :clap: lets go lakers

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Uh last I checked all these current games are "Make or Break" games..

BTW dont be surprised if the Game Thread for tonight has more than a little effort for it..

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Uh last I checked all these current games are "Make or Break" games..

BTW dont be surprised if the Game Thread for tonight has more than a little effort for it..

Its over. Your game threads go to waste on this team. Maybe next year...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Laker fans who have any kind of hope anymore, really amuse me. It's over...we headed for the lotto!

DAMN KOBE...2 YRS AGO YOU WAS THE MAN...HOMIE!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lakerman33 said:
3-2 if we win the pacers game on the road trip isnt to bad but it really makes our breaks us. We can get a bit of momentum heading into a few home game(s) But if we dont make it o well because personally im kinda exicted for a lotto pick but playoffs are good 2. Were 1.5 back meaning this game if we loose we will probaly go 2 games back maybe 2.5. BIG GAME :clap: lets go lakers

Last I check if we win tommo (highly unlikely) we'd be 3-3 .500

Dallas-Win :clap:
Charlotte-Win :clap:
Wizards-Lost :curse:
Philly-Lost :curse:
Miami-Lost :curse:
Pacers-Win :banana: /Lost :curse:

The season has ended for the Lakers... Hamblen its time to train our scrubs. And try out different Line-ups.

·
Banned
662 Posts
It disgusts me how easily we lose faith. If the chemistryless Nuggets can make it, and the Basketball playerless grizzlies can make it, then we can. These are the Lakers, we dont need to re-build. These are the future champs, give them time. We can Kill the pacers, they are like the Atlanta hawks last year... LED BY STEPHEN JACKSON! It is easy when KB8 is on your team, we can win. And we WILL win, and when we triumph over all the haters, we will see who was right... LAKERS 4 LIFE!

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
How quickly some here have lost faith really amazes me, and I'd call myself a pessimistic fan, too. Not making the playoffs at this point of the season wouldn't be as amusing as ome think, because the difference between the 8th, 9th or 10th seed(s) in the Western Conference don't make too much of a difference. Sure, we'd technically be in the "lotto" but the chances of it being any significantly different then getting into the playoffs with the final spot isn't worth sitting home the whole time.

We'd learn a lot more about Kobe, Odom, Butler and the rest of the team. This off-season is very crucial to us, and playing the 'playoff team that's no the rise' card would surely only help us rather then hurt.

On a side note, I'll be pushing for us to draft Hakim Warrick and to then use Lamar Odom or Butler as trade bait for a big body.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Travis76 said:
It disgusts me how easily we lose faith. If the chemistryless Nuggets can make it, and the Basketball playerless grizzlies can make it, then we can. These are the Lakers, we dont need to re-build. These are the future champs, give them time. We can Kill the pacers, they are like the Atlanta hawks last year... LED BY STEPHEN JACKSON! It is easy when KB8 is on your team, we can win. And we WILL win, and when we triumph over all the haters, we will see who was right... LAKERS 4 LIFE!
The McNuggets and Grizzle got new, proven head coaches and have rosters that are by far more balanced than ours. We got a career assistant who's so hell-bent on trying to force basketball's most complicated offensive set onto a group of morons at midseason that he's forgotten to say anything about defense.

If the Lakers win the game against the Pacers, it'd be a .500 road trip, which most of the time unless you're top 1 or 2 seed you're fairly pleased with. But the Lakers don't have a lot of home games left to make up ground. They need to win the majority of these road games now, and it's not about to get any easier. The Nuggets and Wolves have far easier shedules and already have better records than the Lakers.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
theLegend said:
How quickly some here have lost faith really amazes me, and I'd call myself a pessimistic fan, too. Not making the playoffs at this point of the season wouldn't be as amusing as ome think, because the difference between the 8th, 9th or 10th seed(s) in the Western Conference don't make too much of a difference. Sure, we'd technically be in the "lotto" but the chances of it being any significantly different then getting into the playoffs with the final spot isn't worth sitting home the whole time.
Once again: if the Lakers make the playoffs they don't get a 1st round pick AT ALL. Not a 15th pick or 16th, NO PICK. That's the difference between this year and any other year.

Having said that though, if the Lakers can still manage to make the playoffs throughout all this mess, then *&%#, maybe they don't even need the draft. The chances for a turnaround at this point though are slim to none. And slim just walked out of Staples.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Locke said:
Once again: if the Lakers make the playoffs they don't get a 1st round pick AT ALL. Not a 15th pick or 16th, NO PICK.
We're damned it we do...and we're damned if we don't :cry: If we make playoffs any game after that is all gravy.

Locke said:
The chances for a turnaround at this point though are slim to none. And slim just walked out of Staples.
I think i saw him yesterday...he was the one that was holding his A$$, because it just got handed to him after that Miami Heat game. :rofl:

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I still have fatih in the Lakers I always will. I just don't have faith in some of the guys understanding what it takes to win.

If we beat the Pacers and go 3-2 on this trip it will have been a success. People were predicting we'd get whipped and beat down.

We can still make the playoffs. I just doubt it and don't think it helps us to make the playoffs. We need that pick and a player to help improve the team.

Does anyone still think the 1st rder for Jumaine Jones makes any damn sense. That was very stupid .

If the Suns get 1st in the West we could beat them in a series possibly. If its the Spurs forget about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts