Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good breakdown by D'Allesandro on the teams the Nets need to pass, and their remaining schedules:
http://www.nj.com/nets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1110869767317290.xml

NETS (28-36, 11 at home, 7 on road) -- They have the most home-friendly schedule in the field, but look at it pragmatically: If they don't sweep Indiana next week (Sunday at Indy, Tuesday here), they'll still be roughly five games out with 14 to play, and that's insurmountable. Three games out -- which a sweep would create -- is actually doable.

"We're still in this fight," Jason Kidd said. "We're still playing hard. We've got Chicago and Utah this week, so we have to protect home(court). If we can win those two games, we're 30-36. Anything can happen."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/story/290027p-248292c.html

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
We would have to go 13-5, just to get to .500

I'd have more faith in teams of our past to get that done than this squad.

-Petey

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Petey said:
We would have to go 13-5, just to get to .500

I'd have more faith in teams of our past to get that done than this squad.

-Petey
A lot of home games, and some road games against bad teams (see the Playoff Blueprint thread). But, yes, this team hasn't really showed that it has a 13-5 run in them.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I really think the Nets have a good chance. I've seen some of their games and they aren't really a bad team, they match up better against most teams than people give them credit for.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
gian said:
I really think the Nets have a good chance. I've seen some of their games and they aren't really a bad team, they match up better against most teams than people give them credit for.
Well, I agree that we're not that bad, but even if we make the playoffs we'll meat Miami, and we have already seen how it ended last time.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
The Chirs Webber was great. I tought with that The sixers have lock the Atlantic But now All i can say thanks C-Webb

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SpeakerBoxxX said:
The Chirs Webber was great. I tought with that The sixers have lock the Atlantic But now All i can say thanks C-Webb
Yeah, looks like it worked out for us, but I read Beez say that since the trade AI's shot attempt per game has actually gone up, so maybe it's not Webber's fault.

-Petey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts