Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on NBA FASTBREAK

what?!

if i'm not mistaken, not only are we in 4th, but we have a 2 game cushion on 5 and 6

that comment rubbed me the wrong way

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
and this is the guy that cleveland wants as their GM? did he even look at the standings before making this remark?

wrong.

:no:

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
For the most part, Greg Anthony is usually accurate and knows what he is talking about. He almost always gives us our due respect, and is probably the best that ESPN has to offer (not saying a lot, but I still like the guy as a person and as an analyst).

Cut him some slack, and don't turn this into an anti-Greg Anthony thread. That would be a joke.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theLegend said:
Cut him some slack, and don't turn this into an anti-Greg Anthony thread. That would be a joke.
I like Anthony but it was a DUMB comment to make PERIOD. His comment was the joke.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I watched it last night and it was a dumb comment. With 7 games left in the season the Bulls have a 2 game lead on the Pacers. Common sense tells you that the Bulls have the upperhand *winning 11 out of the last 12* in persuit of the 4th seed.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
I suppose it's possible Greg Anthony forgot how the playoff seedings worked...maybe he forgot about the new division alignments? If it were last year, the Bulls would actually have the 3 seed since they have the 3rd best record in the East. The Pacers would currently be neck-and-neck with Washington and Boston for the 4th seed, i.e. the 4th best record in the East. He should definitely have the facts right, but maybe he meant 4th best record instead of 4th seed.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
The NBA should really give the Bulls the #3 seed. It makes them look much more impressive then getting the #4 seed. #3 screams legit title contender, #4 screams your going to struggle in the 2nd round against the #1 seed. Although Jason Kidd and Vince Carter could give the Heat a run for their money in the first round, but no answer for Shaq downlow.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
sloth said:
The NBA should really give the Bulls the #3 seed. It makes them look much more impressive then getting the #4 seed. #3 screams legit title contender, #4 screams your going to struggle in the 2nd round against the #1 seed. Although Jason Kidd and Vince Carter could give the Heat a run for their money in the first round, but no answer for Shaq downlow.
I'm hoping New Jersey sneaks in as the 8th seed...I think Kidd and Carter could really cause Miami fits like they have for us. I would think Kidd is a pretty effective defender to throw at Wade, at least on paper; Kidd actually has the size and speed to match up with him, along with super quick hands. Jason Collins proved in the Finals a few years ago that he can at least make Shaq work a little bit. Which would make the Vince Carter/Eddie Jones matchup a very intriguing one. Plus, I would LOVE to get revenge against the Nets by beating them in a best of 7 playoff series. This could set the stage to do it.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Uh . . . not only do we have the 4th seed but we have also won 11 of our last 12 games. Its not like we've been slipping and Indy has been rising.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Anthony looks brilliant compared to the two other "experts" he has to share time on the tube with, Steven A. Smith and Tim Legler. An ex-player who has the ability to articulate his thoughts so that most people can understand what he's trying to say...hell, that's all the qualifications you must need to leap from media expert to Cleveland GM! What a country!

Pssst...that still doesn't make him right...just different.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Tim Legler and Steven A. are still leaps and bounds better then Dick Vitale.

He said that Dwight Howard was a bad pick for the Magic and that Dwight would regret not going to college.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The best basketball analyst ESPN has is Rick Majerus, far and away. Anthony is not a blowhard like most of the talking heads, and when he's by himself outside the influence of those other nitwits he's palatable. Still, no one can hold a candle to Majerus' analysis. They should put him on NBA duty as well. Pair him with Rafferty and Shulman - book it with a little kiss.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Eh, he could have been looking at the injury woes we've had and compared our schedules. With road games against Washington and Indiana and a home game against Detroit in our last 7, combined with the piling of injuries, I can understand where he was coming from, although I don't necessarily agree because A) we've continued to win despite it all and B) 2 games in 7 is considerable to overcome, if we go 4-3 the rest of the way (and with gaems against Toronto, NY, Atlanta and Orlando left its certainly plausable, they would have to go 6-1, possibly 7-0 depending on the tie breaker)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i don't think it's that bold of a statement.we're injured up and down the lineup. indy has a bit more experience i think, they also have reggie and have been pretty hot too (8 out of their last 9). i still like the bulls odds but i can see where greg is coming from.

anyways, this should be a fun season finale, Chicago vs Indiana (thier homecourt) :)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
yodurk said:
I'm hoping New Jersey sneaks in as the 8th seed...I think Kidd and Carter could really cause Miami fits like they have for us. I would think Kidd is a pretty effective defender to throw at Wade, at least on paper; Kidd actually has the size and speed to match up with him, along with super quick hands. Jason Collins proved in the Finals a few years ago that he can at least make Shaq work a little bit. Which would make the Vince Carter/Eddie Jones matchup a very intriguing one. Plus, I would LOVE to get revenge against the Nets by beating them in a best of 7 playoff series. This could set the stage to do it.
Not only that but a few weeks ago they were talking like RJeff would be back by the end of the season/playoffs. Is that still in the cards? Put him back in the mix and VanGumby might have a lot more than he bargained for in the first round.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
UMfan83 said:
Eh, he could have been looking at the injury woes we've had and compared our schedules. With road games against Washington and Indiana and a home game against Detroit in our last 7, combined with the piling of injuries, I can understand where he was coming from, although I don't necessarily agree because A) we've continued to win despite it all and B) 2 games in 7 is considerable to overcome, if we go 4-3 the rest of the way (and with gaems against Toronto, NY, Atlanta and Orlando left its certainly plausable, they would have to go 6-1, possibly 7-0 depending on the tie breaker)
But if the Pacers beat the Bulls in the final meeting of the season, it become more conceivable.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yeah it's not an outrageous remark by Greg. Pacers are incredibly hot (not too say we're not) but we've been severely hit by the injury bug lately. Pacers and Bulls are similar in that we've both continue to thrive even with key players injured. Obviously the Pacers have had to make due with injuries a little bit longer though.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Not only has the Pacer record been almost as good as ours, it seems like they've been dominant on the court, where it seems like all of our last 11 victories were by the hair of our chinny-chin-chins (the slimmest of margins?!). We're winning, but not convincingly. Seems like IN has had some pretty dominating performances.

·
Registered
255 Posts
sloth said:
I think Richard Jefferson could come back for the playoffs too so actually the nets really could give the heat a run for their money. Im pulling for indiana to take that 5th spot we have a better chance against them than the wizards i think.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts