Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The <a href="http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/03sked_announced.html">2002-2003 Pacers season schedule</a href> was released a few days ago, on the 18th, and Jermaine O'Neal gets to be the first player to posterize Yao Ming and the Rockets in the Pacers' season opener at Conseco.

<a href="http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule/">Complete 2002-03 Pacers schedule</a href>

Also, no I don't know why there wasn't a thread on this before! :D

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
No doubt. Its great that we get the first chance to posterise Yao. Imagine Bender getting in slams slam up dunking over a crouching Ming in the first of many in Bender breakout season.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
What's with all the hate against Yao Ming? I'm not trying to make a joke I'm just asking why are the Pacers (and...really everyone else for that matter) looking forward to "posterizing" Ming.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Wiggum
What's with all the hate against Yao Ming? I'm not trying to make a joke I'm just asking why are the Pacers (and...really everyone else for that matter) looking forward to "posterizing" Ming.
No hate man, but when you see a 7'5 player in the NBA, you can't help but want a player on your team to give him a facial. And we get to be the first ones! :p

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
~Crouching MIng, Flying Bender~

I can't wait to see JB welcome Yao to the states!!!!! I bet the whole team is already taking bets on who is goning to get him first... Al, Freddie, Jermaine, JB, hell, maybe even Reggie will decide that foreign relations are important and pull out one last superman. My bet is Bender, though.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Benders got the most hops of the group though. So if it can be done, hes the one to do it. And about hating, Im not hating. I for one want to see Yao do good, but hes a rook and we wont see if he pans out for a few years I wouldnt think. I hope he proves me wrong a starts off strong though.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would start a lineup like this:

PG:Freddie Jones
SG:Reggie Miller
SF:Jonathan Bender
PF:Al Harrington
C:Jermaine o'Neal

Just so they could have a "Yao" Contest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts