Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
although a pacer fan i would go with detroit. Detroit just has a better matchup, with the rebounding advantage in D's favor by just too much. They also outhustle and outwork many teams. With a penetrator in stack and perfect role players, in a best of 7 game it would go to detroit. The bench of detroit would also help them immensly.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T-ro</b>!
although a pacer fan i would go with detroit. Detroit just has a better matchup, with the rebounding advantage in D's favor by just too much. They also outhustle and outwork many teams. With a penetrator in stack and perfect role players, in a best of 7 game it would go to detroit. The bench of detroit would also help them immensly.
Actually, Detroit finished dead-last in the NBA in rebounds; 38.7 RPG. The next worse, Chicago, averaged 40.0 RPG. Indiana averaged 42.7 RPG and finished 11th in the NBA.

I think it would be close...it would probably go to 7 games. I'd put my money on Indiana, though. But before I commit to any one team, let's check how the Pacers and Pistons did against each other this season...

Nov. 17 at DET
104-98 Pistons

Jan. 18 at IND
96-93 Pistons

Mar. 10 at DET
89-84 Pacers

Mar. 26 at IND
96-77 Pistons

Well...the Pistons won 3 of the 4 games this season, so I guess they would be the winners of a 7 game series.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pacers easily

Detroit had a fluke seaosn last year, and then got thier butts kicked by another fluke team the Celtics, I'm not impressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts