Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me list some reasons why this could be:

1. Their classic game 5 was one of the best games in Pacers history, one of the best games in NBA playoff history, and the best game in New Jersey Nets history. A great series to start a great fued for years to come.

2. Both teams are young and talented and it looks like these teams will fight each other for the Easts #1 spot for years to come.

3. Pacers need a new rivalry since their old rivalry with the Knicks died a few years back. So since the Knicks are an old, crappy team, I'll have to settle for the closest team to them, and geographicly that would be the Nets.

4. Nets need a rivalry. Asides from last year, the Nets have done NOTHING in the NBA. They need a good rivalry to give the team an identity as a foot based bread maker.

5. RIVALRIES ARE FUN! YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH RIVALRIES!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Rivalries aren't made by the fans

They're developed on the court. I think a lot of it will depend on whether or not Kidd resigns. If he doesn't they'll just go back to mediocrity again. I do think the two teams could be going head to head quite often for a long time if Kidd stays though, and the opportunity for a rivalry is there, but it won't have anything to do with the Nets or Pacers needing a rivalry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts