Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't watched nearly as many Magic games as I would have like to this year, so this is directed to those who do get to see them very often. Do you know why Pachulia doesn't get more playing time? Every game that he gets decent minutes, he seems to do an excellent job, getting a fair share of points at a high FG% and also does a good job of rebounding. Atleats, that's what I get from the box scores. Is there anything that perhaps doesn't show up in the stats that may be a reason why he is getting more PT? Maybe defense, but I can't imagine that being the reason because none of their interior guys now are quality defenders either.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yyzlin</b>!
I haven't watched nearly as many Magic games as I would have like to this year, so this is directed to those who do get to see them very often. Do you know why Pachulia doesn't get more playing time? Every game that he gets decent minutes, he seems to do an excellent job, getting a fair share of points at a high FG% and also does a good job of rebounding. Atleats, that's what I get from the box scores. Is there anything that perhaps doesn't show up in the stats that may be a reason why he is getting more PT? Maybe defense, but I can't imagine that being the reason because none of their interior guys now are quality defenders either.
I think the only reason is to get Howard and Gooden their minutes, which usually means both on the court at the same time. I think at this point, Orlando needs to forget about the playoffs and start developing these guys.

Trade Howard to open up big minutes for Drew. Start Pachulia, give him enough minutes he needs to foul out (which he probably would for awhile). Even give Gaines minutes ... Gaines was horrible early in the year, but I think he is better than what he showed. Give him a shot. See what he can do with 25 mins in a game instead of 4 or 5.

Orlando needs to play these guys to see where they need to draft this year. If Pachulia can play well at center, then they can focus on getting a superstar point. If Gaines could be decent at point (which I doubt) they could focus entirely on another big or maybe a bigtime SF.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yyzlin</b>!
I haven't watched nearly as many Magic games as I would have like to this year, so this is directed to those who do get to see them very often. <b>Do you know why Pachulia doesn't get more playing time? </b>Every game that he gets decent minutes, he seems to do an excellent job, getting a fair share of points at a high FG% and also does a good job of rebounding. Atleats, that's what I get from the box scores. Is there anything that perhaps doesn't show up in the stats that may be a reason why he is getting more PT? Maybe defense, but I can't imagine that being the reason because none of their interior guys now are quality defenders either.
Because of the "coach" and I use that term loosely when describing Johnny. One has to ONLY look at his record with the 6ers and with the Magic and one can see that coaching is not his forte.:rolleyes:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Re: Re: Pachulia?

Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!

Because of the "coach" and I use that term loosely when describing Johnny. One has to ONLY look at his record with the 6ers and with the Magic and one can see that coaching is not his forte.:rolleyes:
I wish they had hired Scott Skiles right away, but they didnt want to hire a new coach in the middle of the season ... for whatever stupid reason. You've got Fratello and Wilkins out there, and Skiles ... they should've gone bigger.

Just like Doc, I like Davis but I dont think he is the coach this team needs. Although I will give him credit, he has stayed very positive during his short tenure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts