Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a 5th and a 6th rounder. I really like this trade for Oakland, Marques was absolutely fantastic his rookie year and is a young guy (25 years old) who already has some playoff experience. If he can make some better reads in coverage, he can be a great SS, right now he's a pretty good one and much better than Gibson (who got banged up yesterday anyway)

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Takeit2dahouse00</b>!
Nice trade for the Raiders...

The GB secondary is getting weaker..
Na man, they traded Marques because Mark Roman won the job over him. They wouldnt have traded him for no reason.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
So since Antuan Edwards is going to win the Safety job over Arturo Freeman does that mean we go and trade him? No. Teams need depth on their roster, just look at the Patriots.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The Pack totally soured on Marques. He was absolutely lost the last two years, even in his rookie year when he played well, he was lost in many plays. Either way, he is a good, young safety and I think they acted a little rashly on him. Great pickup for the Raiders.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>FanOfAll8472</b>!
The Pack totally soured on Marques. He was absolutely lost the last two years, even in his rookie year when he played well, he was lost in many plays. Either way, he is a good, young safety and I think they acted a little rashly on him. Great pickup for the Raiders.
well from what i remember, he was defensive rookie of the week 3 times in his rookie year, and there were some games where he didn't even play much. Sure he might be lost every now and then, but its still worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts