Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaq was weighed in at 382# at the start of the playoffs. I sort of "saw" that with my own eyes. :D

Here is the url for you all to read what it is like to play against 382#. I think his "muscle building stimulants" were part of the ingredients of his Shaq Pack Burgers he obviously downed with relish - no pun intended. :laugh:

Here is a little preview:

Being a big guy in a skinny guy's game creates problems, most obviously for the opposing team -- in this case, the Kings. When O'Neal wants to enter the lane, he simply can bull through his defender, who can do little except absorb the blow and try to keep his feet. Sitting in front of his locker after a battle with O'Neal last week, Kings center Vlade Divac pointed to a red welt on his shoulder. "That one was from his head, I think," Divac says. He pointed to another, close to his chest. "His elbow, here. I know he can't feel it, but I can."

Divac's backup, Scot Pollard, compares keeping position on O'Neal to tipping over a cow. "Try pushing on a wall," Pollard says. "That's what it is like." Sacramento forward Chris Webber describes the sounds that come from Divac when defending O'Neal in the post as a series of guttural moans along the lines of, "Oomph! Ugh! Argh!"

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/sean_deveney/20020528.html

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hahaha, it's probably all true. I doubt that Shaq really knows how strong he is compared to the other players. The only player I have seen match him for strength was Anthony Mason... and that was a few years back when Shaq was thinner. Now, Shaq would roll over him like a steamroller

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
wow! shaq weighed a little over 300 lbs when he enterred the nba, and now he's at 382!?! no wonder no team can stop the lakers. like pollard said, it's like pushing a wall. :no:

well, anyways, maybe the nets can tire him down. he might be so exhausted that he'll need some more shaq packs to bring his strength up! :laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts